Woman gets 20 yr ban

Mule

Visit site
Has to rehome her other 5 horses which is obvious if she is banned for 20 yrs - her vet alerted her to the poor body condition of one of the horses 2 months earlier (Did a vet really have to alert her, couldn't she just see it)

Don't read it if sensitive
===============

http://www.itv.com/news/central/201...suspended-sentence-after-starving-racehorses/

At least in the UK animal abusers get proper punishment. We've only started to catch up in Ireland. Legislation has recently been brought in to increase penalties but judges still tend to be ridiculously lenient.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Ordering her to rehome 5 presumably poor and untrained TB horses seems an odd decision - cue 5 "free to a good home (or any home actually. I am not fussed tbh)" ads. That is hardly securing their future. Poor horses.

Last edited:

Cecile

Visit site
Ordering her to rehome 5 presumably poor and untrained TB horses seems an odd decision - cue 5 "free to a good home (or any home actually. I am not fussed tbh)" ads. That is hardly securing their future. Poor horses.

Without reading the court transcript or being there it could mean she has time to rehome as she already has homes for them/are in someone else's name or she has this amount of time to sign them over, it does indeed seem like a strange court ruling but that could be just the way the reporter interpreted it all - bit like a stallion had bolted up the road = a gelding had wandered out of his field and was eating the grass verges

pennyturner

Visit site
'Both horses had to be put down shortly after rescue' = RSPCA took them and couldn't be bothered looking after them either.

Laika

Visit site
'Both horses had to be put down shortly after rescue' = RSPCA took them and couldn't be bothered looking after them either.

Hmmm this was my thoughts too actually but I suppose without the background and medical information, I suppose we wouldn't know if there was something else underlying. However, it does appear to be a recurring trend for the RSPCA.

However, as she has had two taken off her to be PTS, is she capable enough of finding her remaining horses suitable homes (taking into consideration the level of care they've received)? I think not.

meleeka

Visit site
This ban would be good if it’s even enforced. I’ve heard of a few people who just carry on regardless after a short break and there doesn’t seem to be any enforcement after the initial prosecution.