wood pellet users - forks?????

Toffee44

Visit site
£40!!!

Paid 29.00 from robinsons for mine.

I dont think anything picks up the really little bits of poo. I debated on modifying my old fork with a thin mesh to get the little bits up but my YO said I was bed obsessed lol.
I use a Fynalite everyday and once a week when I take my wet out get all the little bits of filtered poo out with my hands.

eggs

Visit site
Not tried the one from eBay but I use a Future Fork - I find it very well balanced to use. Rubber gloves for any small bits of poo if you want to get rid of it all.

kezimac

Visit site
yeah been picking out the tiny bits of poo - I am a bit bed obsessed too!!! - but was hoping to get something with really close tines that will catch them and i dont have to keep hurting my back bending over!

LovesCobs

mancunian in Cheshire, actually now in Wales!
Visit site
i was leant one a bit like that, smaller holes still, but I found the pellets that were still not activated stayed in it. Had I used it i would have thrown too much bed away. I do what xmas pud above does. The little bits dont bother me too much in the dry areas as the bedding dries them out. The bits in the wet are removed with it once a week. 3 stables, 1 barrow (in the week), I love it :)

kezimac

Visit site
isnt it interesting how people like different tools! - i do like the look of the finetines one - I just looked mine is a fynelite fork but the one for rubber matting - its ok but little bits escape! and I just cant bear it. lol

eggs

Visit site
isnt it interesting how people like different tools! - i do like the look of the finetines one - I just looked mine is a fynelite fork but the one for rubber matting - its ok but little bits escape! and I just cant bear it. lol

I've got 2 Fine Tines forks sitting unused in the feedroom - I found the balance on them wrong and it made my wrists ache (I have 9 to muck out)

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
The fine tines just don't look sturdy enough to dig out a weeks wet though???

Sure they prob work on dry bedding and droppings but what about the heavy wet stuff.

I use a shovel for the wet bits as it is in big compact lumps so dont want to break it up with a fork.

The finetines is the only fork i've used that actually gets the little bits of poop out.

With regards to them being wrongly balanced, i think that must depend on the user etc as mine is fine for me :)

LovesCobs

mancunian in Cheshire, actually now in Wales!
Visit site

Myloubylou

Visit site
For little bits of poo try a speed skip which had a springy small fork & a muck scoop. I semi deep litter and hate seeing bits of poo. You just flick into the scoop - really quick. Have future fork for the big weekly muck out, best fork for shavings/hemp/Miscanthus IMO

ponypilotmum

Visit site
lol:D
no one has told me how they then deal with the un activated pellets? do u pick them out and put them back in the bed? :confused:

They fall through my shavings fork. I have the bentley one which cost about £10. Any that don't fall through - well, I've not enough time to be picking them out so they go on the muck heap.

kezimac

Visit site
not sure i could live down sieving my bed! - they think i am a bit weird having a bed that you add water to! I am the only one on wood pellets and I have only had them down a real short time so getting to grips with them myself.