Wood Pellets again!!!

AActOfCharm

Visit site
When you buy them do you have to mention you are using them for horse bedding??

I believe bio fuels only carry 5% VAT, where as Equine bedding is 15% VAT.
crazy.gif

ajb123

Visit site
Another one here that used corley biowood - great to deal with and speedy delivery - they saw my horses!!!!

Hedgehunter

Visit site
If you don't disclose that you are using them for bedding it is like biting the hand that feeds you. HM Customs and Revenue will catch up with LWP and if they get put out of business due to massive irrgularities with their VAT then you will be left with paying £10 a bale for shavings again. After all paying the right amount of VAT will only cost 30p max per bag.

It's a bit like putting red diesel in your car or lorry. I'm sure people do but it's the rest of us who pay our way who get clobbered.

HH

pollymagic

New User
Visit site
hi ive been useing Aquqmax pellets for 2yrs recently tried LWP
as they seemed the cheaper option but found them less absorbent so will be returning to Aquamax

dwi

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Fuel pellets often contain a hardwod mix which is not good for horses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can i ask why not? She's not eating them as far as I know.

dwi

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
In your other post it looks like you think I am saying LWP is hardwood. I'm not, just stating that some fuel pellets contain hardwood. I don't know about LWP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, thats useful. It wasn't just you, someone else had made a comment as well so I was looking for more info. I really like LWP but would hate to think that I was doing something harmful to D just to save a few pounds.

Their website says "white wood" does that mean not hardwood?

Ottinmeg

www.equestrianimage.com
[ QUOTE ]
I am just about to order my first load of LWP - can I ask when you put the pellets in and muck out is it best to use a shavings fork? or is there any other tips you could give me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Get yourself a fine tine fork, you can use a shaving fork but the pellets draw all the moisture out of the droppings and they fall to pieces.