Wood Pellets vs Aubiosse

Taffieboy1

Visit site
Have used wood pellets for past 5 years, great for wet pony, can deep litter it to if need be. I do find it rather dusty though unless damp down daily. But you throw nothing out other than poop as bedding doesn't stick to it. It's cheap, around £3-4 a bag.

Now I also like Aubiosse and my pony is spoilt so he's worth it LOL, anyone else use it and what's the opinion of it? To expensive, wasteful etc, throw lots away ? Realise it's closer to £10 a bag.

Is it better to use concrete floor or rubber mats with either of the bedding ? Deep litter or take wet out daily ? Any info is appreciated.

FabioandFreddy

Visit site
It seems more expensive as the bales are dearer than shavings/wood pellets, but it isn't as you throw far less away! I use Aubiose and its way more cost effect ongoing than the others. I also found that wood pellets did eventually go dusty which wasn't good for my hubby's horse who has mild RAD.

Our stables are rubber matted. I only take the wet out once weekly. The Aubiose holds all the wet in one place together so no need to disturb the bed unnecessarily. I generally only have to top up 1/2 bale a week.
Oh - also stables smell fresher with this in than any other bedding i've used!

Taffieboy1

Visit site
It seems more expensive as the bales are dearer than shavings/wood pellets, but it isn't as you throw far less away! I use Aubiose and its way more cost effect ongoing than the others. I also found that wood pellets did eventually go dusty which wasn't good for my hubby's horse who has mild RAD.

Our stables are rubber matted. I only take the wet out once weekly. The Aubiose holds all the wet in one place together so no need to disturb the bed unnecessarily. I generally only have to top up 1/2 bale a week.
Oh - also stables smell fresher with this in than any other bedding i've used!

Am very very tempted to switch, he is in a very large stable with mats, does walk around a lot which worries me he may trash it, with pellets that isn't an issue really, and yes they get v v dusty after a while, think with pellets every 3 months you need to clear all out an start again really.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Am very very tempted to switch, he is in a very large stable with mats, does walk around a lot which worries me he may trash it, with pellets that isn't an issue really, and yes they get v v dusty after a while, think with pellets every 3 months you need to clear all out an start again really.

If he does that then I wouldn’t use Aubiose. Tried it with mine and it was very expensive and I ended up chucking lots out. I’ve seen it best work as a deep litter bed where Horse pooed in one area and didn’t dig it up. Wet patch was taken out periodically.