woodchipings

luie123

Visit site
Hi, I am looking at diferent sources for my horses bedding and wondered how small woodchips need to be for beding? Obviously it needs to be clean and not too dusty. What is better sawdust or larger 'chips'?

Thanks

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
I use Bedmax larger shaving, about 1-2 inch square (no dust at all), wouldn't go back to normal shavings now. As far as I'm concerned the bigger the shavings the better.

_OC_

Visit site
Hi I use Bedmax and once every month mix in a bale of normal shavings, and the reason for this is it helps with absorbing the urine better. I love Bedmax and would use no other and you don't have to go looking for every scrap of pooh,unlike shavings where if left it bugs me!!!! Also works better with heavy horses who tend to turn shavings to dust like my boy!Regards Me & My Cob

spaniel

Visit site
Ive just had a look at their site and they recommend 2 or 3 bags per week...do you use this much with your big boy?

I have an ID who is a mucky devil and am contemplating alternatives to basic shavings but 2/3 bags per week seems a bit on the pricey side!

_OC_

Visit site
Hi Spaniel- I do about 2 bales depending and sometimes use half a bag at a time I do keep big banks -to be honest when useing normal shavings I did use more and my boy is disgusting with his bed probably due to his big feet!!!!!! His a middle weight cob, and there is alot of him and found the Bedmax packs downwell to give him a supportive bed. If your boy is like mine with his bed I find it works-Hope this of some help-Regards Me &My Cob