Woof Wear long yard boots

Lexi_

Visit site
If you own a pair, would you mind letting me know if:

a) they're good in the mud
b) they're suitable for those of us with wide calves

I'm not looking for something to ride in, just for yard work and the muddy trek up to the field and am pondering getting a pair of these rather than another pair of wellies.

All thoughts and experiences gratefully received :)

bumper

Visit site
They are brilliant in the mud, but will leak slightly through the top fastening part if you have to hose them down They are very adjustable in the leg so more than suitable for wide calves. I only stopped using mine when my terrier chewed one of the plastic fixings! However, I since was given a pair of "Chore" boots from the Muck Boot Company, and find that they are warmer, and are completely waterproof. They are neoprene lined, and neoprene on the leg too, so are also flexible for wide calves.

AntxGeorgiax

Visit site
I have no experience of these boots but I would definitely recommend the ones I have.
They are by a brand called cabbotswood, and are essentially cheap dubarry's, they seem to naturally have a wide calf although they are adjustable (it's a buckle on the side of the leg) I am normally wide calf, but I find with these I can have thick socks on too if I wish without being too tight! mine are all leather, padded inside and have a lovely comfy foot part, and the best part is they are 100% waterproof! And at £55 I rate them!

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
I have a pair, to be honest they do my head in, as just walking through wet grass makes my feet soaking wet :( in dry weather they are great though and very comfy. They fit both my small calves and my aunt's more normal sized calves well, if you can put up with changing to wellies for walking through muddy fields then i'd get them- as they are so warm and comfy to ride in !

Lexi_

Visit site
Thanks everyone! They're the same price as the wellies I've got my eye on, so it sounds like it might be worth trying them.

Can you ride in them? I'm sure it said on their website they were not suitable for riding but now Hoof_Prints has confused me :D

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
I've ridden in mine for two years (2-3 times daily when it's not too hot) and had no problems! much prefer them over cold, thin leather boots. As comfy as my ariats are, they turn my toes to ice. I can fit 2 thermal socks in the yard boots, some might argue that they could get stuck in the stirrups as they are chunkier, but it's never happened to me and I have quite small stirrups... I'll take the risk over very icy toes :)

pansy

Visit site
I know someone who did get there foot stuck in the stirrups whilst wearing these boots - I used to wear for riding occasionally not any more - they are great for round the yard as long as mud & puddles not too deep x

flintmeg

Visit site
I love mine and after 4 years they are breaking :( but am going to get another pair! :) The fact they have lasted this long has amazed me as I wear through shoes stupidly fast....trainers are good if they havnt got holes in 6 months lol. I wore them when I worked as a groom everyday. They coped brilliantly will all weather. The day after I got them we had 4 inches of snow. I always hack the horse in them, echo the comfy comments lol. Also I have wide calves and no problems with fit. They do a short boot variety too tho :)

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I have some as got fed up with muckboots leaking but tbh these aren't much better. Because they have fabric from too of the foot, they can't cope with this years mud. I've bought a pair of fur-lined Aigles.

goldenchestnut

Visit site
Thanks everyone! They're the same price as the wellies I've got my eye on, so it sounds like it might be worth trying them.

Can you ride in them? I'm sure it said on their website they were not suitable for riding but now Hoof_Prints has confused me :D
NOOOO. they are not waterproof your feet will get soaked. The band between the foot part and the leg is useless for the wet. They are however very warm and comfy and good to ride in.