Working As a Groom....

eventgirl

Visit site
I did it for 8 years for a few top eventers, loved every single minute and learnt so so much but would not go back to it now!!! I now work at a university, passing on the stuff I learned for a damn site more money!!
tongue.gif

eventingdiva

Visit site
I do, and i love it
grin.gif

Its hard work, and i'm knackered 99% of the time! I'm also broke
frown.gif
Money is a bit crap and everything i earn goes back into mine, but it is fab
grin.gif

hellybelly6

Visit site
No, not again, been there done that and couldnt afford the t-shirt despite a 50 odd hour week. I enjoyed it, I was 16 and was a slave, once my stable work was done, I was then expected to do the housework!

Have got a good job, where I can have my horse and do things my way.

sw123

Visit site
I've done it full time for professional eventers and i still do it freelance for a few professionals. Loved it then but love it more now as i get to just do the 3DE's and get paid a lot more!!

Its not a job though its a complete lifestyle and you cant have much life outside it as its practically 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Also have to work for people you like and get on with and who do horses the way you like them done otherwise its just hell!

druid

Visit site
Just finishing my last stint - love every minute of it and you do learn a huge amount with getting to ride some fantastic horses as a bonus. All depends who you work for though, my lot are fab!