Working cob height limit

MrsNorris

Visit site
As title, I'm assuming it's 155cm, but are there maxi working cob classes or are they all lumped in together? Can't seem to find the definitive answer anywhere...

conniegirl

Visit site
It depends on the show!
There can be a height limit or they can all be lumped in together. You are best off asking.

MrsNorris

Visit site
Ah right, am looking at buying a cob to show, ideally a maxi, but I don't want to be excluded from working cob classes. I've never seen a maxi working cob class, so wasn't sure if they exist. I gather from your answer that they do, so that's all good, thanks..

WelshD

Visit site
At local level near me the cobs (regardless of height) go in the bog standard working hunter classes which seem to be arranged by height of fences not height of mount in many cases

At higher levels the British Show Horse Association has qualifying classes for a Working Show Horse class with a finals at their championship show, this is run on behalf of/sponsored by SEIB I think and it definitely covers maxi cobs

Working Cob classes definitely exist though, I would be amazed if Equifest didn't have a class that covered Maxi cobs but I dont think their schedule is out yet