Working golden retrievers

BallyRoanBaubles

Visit site
Well done Rafi! He's very similar to ours who is now 8 months and 29kg. Still a delight but going through the teenager stage. Someone brought their bitch in season to training last week, he didn't want to know me at all! :rolleyes:
Do you have any pics? I didn’t think it was the done thing really to take your in season bitch to training, I think even my older lab would be a pain around an in season bitch 🤦🏽‍♀️

Belmont

Visit site
Do you have any pics? I didn’t think it was the done thing really to take your in season bitch to training, I think even my older lab would be a pain around an in season bitch 🤦🏽‍♀️
No they shouldn’t have brought her, but at least they know for next time.
He’s more show line, but plenty of drive to retrieve so we’ll train when time allows :)B39315EB-CF13-4CDD-8361-5576AFEDB0BC.jpeg

BallyRoanBaubles

Visit site
Young Rafi is now 8 months old and 31kg 😬

took him on the shoot yesterday despite me saying earlier I didn’t want to take him until next season. My friend’s husband was coming along and offered to hold him, he was brill!

He didn’t actually do much other than sit and watch and got to pick a partridge at the end of the day.

Attachments

• IMG_5216.png
    IMG_5216.png
    457.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5215.png
    IMG_5215.png
    386.5 KB · Views: 19

Clodagh

Visit site
A shoot I’m on now has a picker with a working goldie. Her nickname is Fluffy. At every drive she hops out the estate vehicle and does zoomies. She is just fabulous and I love her. She’s very affectionate and a complete fool. I don’t tend to see how other peoples dogs work but she seems very proficient and effective. She’s lovely and sells everyone on goldies (bar me… did I mention the mud!). She so much bigger than a lab, she weighs 30kg.

BallyRoanBaubles

Visit site
My friend has one, I’ve only met him once as they moved away before buying him but he’s utterly gorgeous. She does some therapy stuff with him. He visits old people homes and I think hospitals. He’s amazing
I was thinking of doing pets as therapy with Rafi but need to look into it more and he’s not old enough yet 😁

BallyRoanBaubles

Visit site
A shoot I’m on now has a picker with a working goldie. Her nickname is Fluffy. At every drive she hops out the estate vehicle and does zoomies. She is just fabulous and I love her. She’s very affectionate and a complete fool. I don’t tend to see how other peoples dogs work but she seems very proficient and effective. She’s lovely and sells everyone on goldies (bar me… did I mention the mud!). She so much bigger than a lab, she weighs 30kg.
She sounds lovely 🤩 think that’s most goldies they are characters! But mud yes there is more than a lab. My trainers goldie bitch is about 24kg, I think Rafi will end up 33/34kg, my lab is 26kg

BallyRoanBaubles

Visit site
You mentioned mud? Both of these behinds had been on the same walk through the same mud 🤣🤦🏽‍♀️

Attachments

• IMG_5236.jpeg
    IMG_5236.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5237.jpeg
    IMG_5237.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 7