Working Hunter - can i use boots??

silverbullet

Visit site
It's our RC show on Monday and i've decided to take my old boy in the WHP for a bit of fun.

It's about 10 years since I last took him in a WHP class so I can't remember what I wore.

So.....

Can he wear boots for the jumping part - they are plain leather tendon boots???

QUICKFIRE

Visit site
Yes he can wear boots for the jumping, and must be taken off for the showing bit if you are called back into the ring, this is the only bit of tack changing that you can do, good luck have fun.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
Boots on all four legs is fine:) They should be dark coloured - your leather ones sound okay. As others have said, do remember to remove them before coming back into the ring after the jumping - get a nasty judge and they will eliminate you if you still have them on:D I am a nice judge so I usually pretend not to notice while my steward sidles over and sends people out to remove them ;) - it's amazing how many people forget though.

Sparkles

Visit site
Hind boots are banned now if I remember rightly, only fronts....on Windsor they'd changed the ruling to that anyway I'm sure this year.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
I think silverbullet is only talking about front boots anyway (mentions leather tendon boots), but it's only a local show, not Windsor:D. At unaffiliated level I would not worry if someone had 4 boots on their horse:).