Working hunter classes

BethanT

Visit site
I have a welsh X tb mare who I would like to do some workers with.
Each time I've taken her showing the judges love her and always place her well (only local level). She's got a very pretty head despite not having much white on her, lovely technique over a fence, and does move well.

Problem is that she's about 15hh! So too large for ponies and would come up small in any other class. I'm also over 21 so can't ride in ponies anyway.

What classes can I do with her? Do I try and get her measured down and get a suitable child jockey to ride her? Would that mean I then can't ride her myself in any classes?

I'd like to do county level, maybe higher if she does well.

rara007

Visit site
She would likely measure in as a 153cm but that is up to 21 I think. Intermediates are up to 158cm and up to 25 YO riders so that's your class :) Nothing to say you can't to 'normal' either if she is over 153. I'm not sure there's international level for intermediates but I know the ponies send a team out!

BethanT

Visit site
She would likely measure in as a 153cm but that is up to 21 I think. Intermediates are up to 158cm and up to 25 YO riders so that's your class :) Nothing to say you can't to 'normal' either if she is over 153. I'm not sure there's international level for intermediates but I know the ponies send a team out!

Thanks rara007!

Not looking to go international! I'm not that brave! haha. Plus although I think could fair well county I don't think she would get much higher, she is slightly bum high (8 this year and had 2 foals, and being welsh cross tb I'm hoping she might grow a tad more in front! But doubtful) so unless I can change her way of going so that she is very uphill she may not get judged well that way. But looks and technique wise she's certainly got it.