Working Hunter turnout

beth_straw

Visit site
questionsquestion, i have no idea what im doing showing wise, 10 years of shojumping has corrupted my turnout a tad!

my ID mare is doing it for the first time saturday BUT..

Do I wear a stock or shirt and tie, im wearing a dark green tweed with yellow and red over check so if i have a tie what colour should it be? oo and i have some yellow beige jods, is that a bit OTT ( she is dark bay so i think it wouldnt make her look stupid)

i gather its not good to plait with rubber bands for showing

and finally, do i do quater marks? she has a HUGE arse so im a little unsure.

thanks in advance
smile.gif
x

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Tweed sounds very nice - wear with a cream shirt and red tie perhaps? Definitely not a stock. Yellow/beige jods is fine - beige, cream - anything but coloured or white.

If you are not good with quarter marks, then leave them off this time. Sounds like you very well prepared!

pelly

Visit site
Id say a Green spot Tie with Canary shirt. Beige jods for hunters as canarys more hacks/ RH and ponies.

For 1/4 marks, just do 2 brush width stripes down each side with one cross ways making 4 big squares.

Banded plaits are a Faux Pas!!!!

Jemayni

Visit site
Hey! Welcome to the forum!

Wear a shirt & tie; find one coordinates with your jacket; personally I have a burgundy one, & wear it with a natural yellow shirt - perhaps something similar would work with your jacket?

Personally Id go with beige jodhpurs but it doesnt really matter, lots of people wear canary.

Might be wrong, but its better to stay away from Quarter marks for workers - keep everything plain - plain rider, plain tack, plain pony - the less glitz the better!

Good luck!

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
A coloured stock is acceptable for working hunter, have seen them at county level (Great Yorkshire) can look smarter than ties on ladies.

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
In the Sports Horse GB rule book (the body that runs hunter classes) it states that collar and ordinary tie (which should be pinned down) should be worn for "country shows".

pelly

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
In the Sports Horse GB rule book (the body that runs hunter classes) it states that collar and ordinary tie (which should be pinned down) should be worn for "country shows".

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive never seen a Stock in Hunter Classes. Agrre with FMM