Working or Show Springer? (photos included!)

Nicki85

Visit site
So... I took on this lovely lad last weekend but can't decide if he is from a show or working line! It doesn't matter but i'm just intrigued to hear what others think (plus it gives me a chance to show him off!!).

Anyway, meet Rusty a 7 month old Spaniel. He has settled in really well considering we are his fourth home (well 5th if you count his breeder...). He is perfect with our cat and older dog and is absolutly fine being left for short periods. He is a nervous lad though and is very scared of horses, cows, things that move, things that make a noise etc etc. so I have some work to do there! He has obviously been well loved and knows all his basic training, including paw and kisses!

So what do you think? Show or working? I think his ears are like those of a working Spaniel but not sure on the rest of him!

Meet Rusty- 6 month old Springer from the Springer Spaniel Rescue. Hoping he might be up for some agility when he is old enough! by Tessmess85, on Flickr
Ignore the mud... best side on shot I have of him!!

Untitled by Tessmess85, on Flickr

Untitled by Tessmess85, on Flickr

Nicki85

Visit site
I think he is a rather lovely boy! And it sounds like he is working- my old spaniel is stockier than him which is why I wondered... and he has slightly droppy eyes and jowls... thought they might be show traits!

Either way i'm going to try and get him to do agility when he is all growed up!

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I would say working, all the show springers I have seen are far heavier in the body. He looks a very happy lad considering he has had 5 homes, poor dog.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Working lines, like mine (stalk my album, lots of pics)

Show tend to be more square, slightly more heavy set and often have the coloured blanket over the bum.

Lovely boy. Welcome to the spangle massive!

NOISYGIRL

Visit site
I would say working, and you can't have a proper spangle unless its covered in mud ! so he qualifies ha ha

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Working - looks similar stamp to ours (not that I've figured how to do pics)

Click on the paperclip above your post to load directly from your computer. Make a Photobucket account (free, just register) and copy and paste the img code under the picture to insert pics. :)