working pupils over the summer

d_s

Visit site
well after lots of arguements and thinking

im going to stay at college, then in the summer find a job and learn loads of things, maybe get bhs 1 or something
do my 2nd year at college and do bhs as evening courses at easton college
then after a levels im taking a year out (even though i know unis hate that)
and then go to uni
laugh.gif
and if i cant complete my bhs and ptt before uni then ill take them at uni

now do yards take on working pupils over the summer?
there would need to be a possibility of taking pony with me, if she is still up for the job

if you have any experiences of this it would be great to know...

Grey_Showjumper

Visit site
not quite the same, but last summer i worked on a yard as work experience for 4 weeks.. took pony with me... i emailed a few yards, and got lots of acceptances, but then chose one...
was great fun, learnt lots... def. look into...
look on the website yard and groom... (i think thats what its called) its a site for advertising for groom placements etc. and it often has working pupil places etc. etc.

d_s

Visit site
thank you, thats the sort of thing id like to do; like you did.. even if i cant get a qualification i would just like to go away for a while and learn alot

ive looked on yard and groom, the problem is because im 17 in june alot of them require you to drive... and i cant drive lol

Grey_Showjumper

Visit site
what area are you looking in? or is it not really a problem?

http://www.yardandgroom.com/jobs/jobs.aspx?country=GB&jobtypes=59

quite a few of those don't need driving, and although they say you can't bring your own horse, you can always ask...
when i first looked for w/e i never asked if i could do things, i now ask and i quite often get the answer i want!
Good luck
smile.gif

have replied to your PM.

d_s

Visit site
I dont think it would be a problem if I didnt take the horse, but if I do then I would have to stay reasonably close

thank you, youve been really helpful

x

Grey_Showjumper

Visit site
no worries, i know how hard it is finding places!
firstly i would look for all the yards where you can take a horse, email them... then look at the yards near you which you can't take a horse, email them.. and then look at the yards which are advertised as not being able to take a horse, and ask if you can...
good luck
smile.gif
x

Mistyrocks

Visit site
I know of a BHS yard in suffolk that would take on working pupils and help you to get your P.t.t opportunities to compete etc.. message me if you want to know more

also can take pony with you... as i have mine there...

Lolo

Visit site
Would it be worth contacting event organisers and asking to help them out? You'd just be general dogsbody for a week, but it looks fab on applications for equine management courses-I think I'm helping out a bit at Burnham Market stuff soits worth asking around.

d_s

Visit site
thanks

NoSurrender, i was meant to help organise the stabling last year, but i wasnt old enough lol

fff, is that with pony club, as im not a member

x