Working vs Show Hunter - suggestions please

jaquelin

Visit site
Hi,
Sometimes compete my gelding in working hunter classes. Yesterday was told in a working hunter class that his conformation was very good for that, but I have been told otherwise. He has not got the fine legs of a show hunter - ID in him, probably - but he is not a cob either.
Does anyone on the forum compete in this area and could they give me advice, particularly, 1. do scars count against the horse? 2. What are the various jumping heights required for working hunter classes? I see all sorts from 2' 6" to well over 3'. Any general "what are they looking for" advice would be appreciated.

zxp

Visit site
Alot depends on the level you want to compete - what are your ambitions?

At working hunter, you can get away with a few "battle scars" as it shows that the horse actually fits the job description and does "work", but again it depends on the severity, level and judge.

Do you have some pictures of your horse so people can accuratley advise his suitability for the classes?

jaquelin

Visit site
I would love to insert a picture - but have not worked out how! The forum does not accept cut & paste, and if I click insert pictures is wants a URL when the photos are on my PC. I will noodle around and see what I can do.

jaquelin

Visit site
picture.php

Here I hope is a photo! Suitability for working hunter, hints, tips? Thanks!