Worming??

Stinkbomb

goldenoakmochachino.blogspot.com
I worm my two regulaly every 6 weeks and in addition i worm with the relevant wormers for the time of year. This might sound a thick question but if there are no other horses in my field other than mine, and i poo pick every day why do i still need to worm????

JM07

Visit site
i worm my permanent residents twice a year...1st march/30th sept.....i also do worm counts...never had a need to worm the so-called "proper" way of 13 weeks.....

the sell-on's are kept in a separate paddock

L

lilym

in your situation you could worm twice a year with pramox, and just wormcount inbetween.
ets....this is because you need to treat tapeworms and encysted small redworms, these don't show up on counts, but equest pramox will deal with them as well as more common roundworms and large redworms as well as bots.

Louby

Visit site
We worm count and only worm the one thats carrying the worms. Its normally one horse out of each field that has worms and its nearly always a different one. Ive just bought Equitape today to worm for tapeworm as that doesnt show on the worm counts only by blood test. Has anyone used Equitape? I was undecided between Promax and Equitape but as he never had worms last time I thought the Equitape would do????

D

Donkeymad

Yep, I poo pick daily, do worm counts four times a year, always get a result of <50epg so worm with Equitape.