worried about my elderly mare.

Bens_Mum

Visit site
This sounds like my boy. He suddenly went all at once. It is cushings but we have since found his eye sight is very poor and he's now lame front and behind all this has happened in the space of a few months and is so sad. Fingers crossed yours is something simple

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
This sounds like my boy. He suddenly went all at once. It is cushings but we have since found his eye sight is very poor and he's now lame front and behind all this has happened in the space of a few months and is so sad. Fingers crossed yours is something simple

Sorry to hear yours is poorly, it is so difficult when they get old. Hope he starts improving for you.

Megan V1

Visit site
Just browsing through previous threads and came across this, can't believe how poorly Megan was and now at 26 she is a picture of health and has wintered really well since, still unrugged! She loves her walking out in hand and practically dances down the road with her head in the air and tail over her back. Love her joy of life at her age. She still rules the herd and even though her teeth are not great and she needs sloppy feed as starting to struggle with hay she is doing really well. Lets hope she has a few more happy, healthy years ahead of her.

Megan V1

Visit site
I am so pleased she has wintered well since that awful year that I couldn't resist updating the thread. Will never know what went wrong that winter but something was up which she got through. Love her to bits even though she has been a money pit.