Worried about my lad after a bolt on road

pottamus

Visit site
My horse bolted with me on the road today...first time ever and I know why, so not worried about repeat attempts or anything. BUT I am worried about his feet as he was cantering fast on the tarmac for some distance before I was able to pull him round to a stop.
The reason for my worry is that he is a past laminitis sufferer and I am worried the concussion may bring it on again. He has not had it for 2 years now and previously it was more diet and poor shoeing related, but I cant help worrying.
How long would it take for it to come on if it was going to?
He has really good feet by the way, strong and he is shod...I have the farrier out tomorrow anyway so will speak to him to and have taken precautions with his grazing too.
At the moment he if fine and his usual self, no lameness or anything and he walked home this morning the 2 miles back fine too...

Broodle

Visit site
I'm afraid I have no useful advice to give as I know v little about concussive laminitis, but I just wanted to bump your post in case others can be more useful. Hope all is ok, and that you're not too shaken up by the bolting :(

Paint it Lucky

Visit site
Can't really help regards the laminitis, just to say I had my horse bolt with me when I first got him, for nearly two miles along tarmac road, shod all round, I think there must have been sparks flying off his hooves! It is very scary so I hope you're ok. I was convinced my horse would be lame after from all the concussion but he was absolutely fine and has never suffered as a result. I hope your boy will be fine too.