worried about running at Bicton on hard ground..

woodlandswow

Visit site
as i am fairly new to BE i have not come across this harder ground yet,:eek: and i am concerned about the hardness of the ground.. purley because i dont know the extents BE go to, to make a good running. i am only doing the BE90 so its not like i am going Intermediate, but can anyone put my mind at rest...(i heard milton keynes were putting muck down or something?!:confused:) ahead of the 2.30hr car journey!! thanks :)

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
They will spike the ground but watering I don't know. Might be worth emailing sec. I won't walk until sun before my class as late times and I will dressage and sj (onsurface) whatever and make up mind onday as to xc but my horse prefers firmer going so will run on firm ground but not concrete!

eckles

Visit site
The ground at Bicton was good a couple of weeks back, but it hasn't rained here since. It did get very hard during the middle of last summer, though I'm quite sure they will spike it if necessary.

Also, we have rain forecast for the weekend - I work for the MetOffice - so I'm fully expecting to get wet running on Saturday! A little rain will make the sandy ground lovely. There's plenty of grass cover.

woodlandswow

Visit site
thanks.. just spoke to my Knowledgable (sp??!) friend and she said they have the ground inspected before.? :confused: .. but would advice if they thought the ground was unsafe.. helps with my confidence knowing we can have a blast xc!

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
The ground is likely to be hard but have a good grass cover and not be rutted so safe. I doubt they will water but they will spike which means any rain will go in I would have thought for a BE90 you will be fine. We are meant to be running at Withington the same weekend and that gets really hard so unless significant rain will pull out of that one.

blakesmum

Visit site
They will spike the ground but watering I don't know. Might be worth emailing sec. I won't walk until sun before my class as late times and I will dressage and sj (onsurface) whatever and make up mind onday as to xc but my horse prefers firmer going so will run on firm ground but not concrete!

Let me know if you are running as not taking Fred to HT now as ground there is like concrete :(

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
Let me know if you are running as not taking Fred to HT now as ground there is like concrete :(

Will def run dressage & SJ and suspect I will XC unless hideous as she likes it firm just may well go a bit slower than ideal. Times are lovely PM ones, not sure exact times yet but I'm mid section and the dressage starts at 13:00! :D

SpottedCat

Visit site
I sincerely hope they have rolled since the PC event a couple of weeks ago, because if I'd turned up and that was a BE event I'd have been really disappointed. If they did not roll after the PC event, it will be really rutted.