WORRIED ABOUT THE PROPOSED HORSE TAX - THEN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

schweppes

Visit site
do you really think that the government will take any notice .i cant think of a single thing that a minority of people have changed certainly not the hunting law . the labour government HATE us and all we stand for so this money spinning scheme will worm its way through somehow in some form make no mistake ! all this peaceful petition signing cuts no ice with this government. it wouldnt be accepted in other countries . if its europeon rather than just us then i expect there will be a few flying sheep burning around france !

Sparklet

Visit site
Have cut and copied the letter into an email and mailed my MP......we all have to do something, its inaction which allows these changes to be implemented.

Write to your MP please

PippiPony

Chocolatier and Greyhound lover
Visit site
Signed
Thanks
smile.gif

Parkranger

Visit site
Signed and posted on FB.

just incase anyone missed it (I nearly did) you have to click on the email that's sent to your mailbox in order to sign the petition, not just fill in the form!

orsceno1

Visit site
This tax isnt just specific to horses - it is being proposed for all livestock in the uk at varying rates dependant on the supposed risk of the species for introducing or being involved in major disease outbreaks. This is one thing in farmed livestock when the government have to shell out in cases such as foot and mouth (although I still dont agree with that either!), but for horses I dont know how they could justify? And £100 is just taking advantage of some peoples perception that people who own horses have money to burn if you ask me - proposed 'taxes' for other species range between a few pence up to about a fiver I think for cattle. Believe me it is not just the horse industry lobbying defra - I work in the pig industry and they are fighting against this too, so every opinion counts!

brucea

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
This tax isnt just specific to horses - it is being proposed for all livestock in the uk at varying rates dependant on the supposed risk of the species for introducing or being involved in major disease outbreaks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm...how many mass outbreaks of disease have there been in the horse community?

Cobbysmum

Visit site
Signed ages ago. Just goes to show that all of us law abiding people who dutifully got passports for our horses were conned. They now know who the majority of people who own horses are and labour have realised that as there are so many of us, we could dig them out of another hole of their own making. Who is going to enforce this and who will make the travellers pay for their horses, there's a guy near here who must have around 100 gypsy horses, reckon he will pay £10 grand a year? Think not.