Worst horsey job??

Starbucks

Visit site
What horsey "chore" do you dislike the most - or if you are very keen like the least?

I really do not like poo picking, but think clipping has to be the worst! Hate all the hair!!!

So how about you?

proctor

Visit site
Making endless trips to the 4 fields with endless amounts of hay and water because the automatic water things have frozen up in this bloomin endless cold winter!!

am3l1a

Visit site
i hate making haynets! the hay gets everywhere, i could be wearing a zipped up coat and still get it down my top!

3~2~1

Visit site
poo picking for me too, its so tedious, especially when one of them walks right in front of you and s**ts then looks back at you picking it up, its like the ultimate insult :D

Lurky McLurker

Visit site
I don't mind poopicking in summer - I do it in shorts and a strappy top and come back with a lovely tan. :) Actually I don't really mind any of the jobs in summer... in winter I hate them all! :p Especially lugging water all the way from YO's bathroom to the fields because the automatic waterers have frozen!

MileAMinute

Visit site
Having a horse in winter!
I struggle with all of it - the poopicking and resulting pushing barrow through 4 inches of mud, constant haying, smashing ice out of water troughs, bringing water from home when the pipes are frozen at yard, brushing superglued-on dried mud off the pony.....but when I see him happy and healthy munching in the field, I guess it's worth it! :)

stacie21

Visit site
well i love clipping but hated hair so bought a hair resistant overall from a dog grooming catalogue so love it again.
poo picking in the winter but dont mind in the summer
on the whole i actually dont mind most jobs as the whole package i love but no one pain in bum is

walking to feild horse in one hand hay in shavings bag and a torch in other and finding a pocket to put hammer in to smash ice in water tank al whilst trying to wade through mud not fun

nikCscott

Visit site
I don't mind poo picking - but I always over fill the barrow and its a big hill back to yard and muck trailer. Wish I could take my quad up! :)

Starbucks

Visit site
I don't understand how anyone can "love" clipping!! Although I probably find it worse because I've got a horse/hair/dust alergy and normally forget to take any tablets!

Also hate everything if it's -10/-1t type temps - my hands and feet are sooo cold!!

Last edited:

Starbucks

Visit site
I don't mind poo picking - but I always over fill the barrow and its a big hill back to yard and muck trailer. Wish I could take my quad up! :)

We've got a little mini tractor thing that anyone can drive with a tipping pick up back - it's fab! Still hate poo picking though!

only_me

Visit site
I like clipping! :)

I don't particularly like cleaning out & unpacking the lorry after we have been somewhere for the weekend; the worst part of being away!

Eventer96

twitter.com
We've got a little mini tractor thing that anyone can drive with a tipping pick up back - it's fab! Still hate poo picking though!

We have exactly the same. I'm quite happy to do all of our fields in the summer in my shorts and vest top.

I don't like filling haynets or unloading the lorry having been to an event (especially in the dark!). :eek:

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Clipping for me too, hate those little hairs - how do they get so far up your nose, in your ears and in your pants?! :eek:

Pretty much don't like brushing my horse either, oh sure the nice easy flick of a soft brush on his clipped rug covered section is fine, but around his mud/poo covered head - not enjoyed by me or him :(

M'n'M

Visit site
I love all horsey jobs I've done :D although I have never had the wonderful experience of cleaning a sheath :eek: cause that's why I have mares :p

Poo picking is fun to me, I love getting a stall really clean! And clipping is good bonding time

nuttynugget

Visit site
I hate getting my straw bales from the farm yard and wheelbarrowing them to my storage stable, also lugging buckets of water into my field through thick mud!!!

Also I am never down the yard in light mon-fri so always a weekend job!!