worst present?

EmmyMD

Visit site
Im not usually one to moan about bad gifts, cause even if not that well thought through someone has gone to the effort of spending money on you, wrapping it etc etc.

Though we do have an aunt and uncle who despite being exceedingly well off, (high flying banker, massive mansion in herts etc) are as tight as nats arses, and unimaginative, but y'know nothing wrong with a scarf or a lap tray, all useful, but they do have a dislike for one of my sisters for no apparent reason, one year she got a single padded coat hanger for xmas, and 6 months later they then 'forgot' her 18th

Tobiano

Visit site
Goodness the poncho does take the prize!!

My ex OH got me a set of bathroom scales last birthday... i should have taken the hint as he has now gone off with someone thin!!

dollymix

Visit site
I seem to have nothing but smellies this year. Don't know what my non-horsey family are trying to tell me?!!

My parents gave me money which means Luna gets the gorgeous sabre cordoba bridle I've had my eye on!

Oh and the only other non-smellies gift I got were a scarf and gloves a from accessorize... Was very excited as love that shop and they are so soft, but tried them on this AM and realised they picked up two right hand gloves!!! Lol

Boysy

Visit site
chorro - mine might top yours, my ex once bought me a 'second hand' car radio cos it was the model he wanted, so not even a 'new' present' but a shabby pockmarked old one......

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
My mum (RIP) bless her used to be terrible at getting the wrong end of the stick about presents I wanted. One year when I was a teenager I really wanted the TopGun book so I could swoon over the then desirable and hunky Tom Cruise character.

What did she buy? Shogun a weighty tome by James Clavell. This was one of many but sticks in my mind. :D

Cheshire Chestnut

Visit site
No bad presents this year at all, very happy :)

However, I did witness a bloke asking at the counter if the shop had a gift wrapping service. He had bought his wife a chopping board and joked 'it was for her to make his butties on'. Very curious to know how that one went down yesterday or if he's even still alive...

Last edited:

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
No bad presents this year at all, very happy :)

However, I did witness a bloke asking at the counter if the shop had a gift wrapping service. He had bought his wife a chopping board and joked 'it was her to make his butties on'. Very curious to know how that one went down yesterday or if he's even still alive...

Lets hope he didn't also buy a knife to go with it :D

nervous nelly

Visit site
Im not usually one to moan about bad gifts, cause even if not that well thought through someone has gone to the effort of spending money on you, wrapping it etc etc.

Though we do have an aunt and uncle who despite being exceedingly well off, (high flying banker, massive mansion in herts etc) are as tight as nats arses, and unimaginative, but y'know nothing wrong with a scarf or a lap tray, all useful, but they do have a dislike for one of my sisters for no apparent reason, one year she got a single padded coat hanger for xmas, and 6 months later they then 'forgot' her 18th

My dad's uncle is increasingly rich talking several million in the bank but last year they rang and said they were not sending Xmas cards because stamps were too expensive

Archangel

Visit site
If it counts as a gift, I got a very horrid text message from my ex boss, telling me I was beyond rubbish at the job, and wished my new boss luck! I worked for her for 3 years... It certainly tops any physical 'bad' gift I've ever had.
I need more wine....

The classic reply to this has got to be...
"See you at the tribunal"

Good luck with your new job!

Bobbly

Visit site
I only had the one pressie this year, from my Dad, for the fourth year running he has sent me 6 haynets! Previously, bless him he has sent me a pasta pot, a knife and board set, a soldering iron??? an d a heated gravy jug........:/

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
none this year - Usually its my aunts present, it is guaranteed normally candle sticks or some sort of glass thing you put tea lights in. I have to donate the oldest ones now because I get more next year. This year I got this.
20131226_2233021_zpse087859d.jpg

must know I love cats its coasters - a tray and two mugs sorry about poor light

linperrie

Visit site
Well not necessarily bad gifts but I did get 2 New sports bras off my hubby to ride in. Apparently my existing ones are pretty disgusting and I must wear them a lot! I also got nice underwear which also hints to me again that I wear my sports bras too much! But this stuff is not quite my cup of tea so swapping it for something slightly more tasteful (men!!). Probably my worst gift is a lovingly prepared hamper to be shared between me and the hubby. Unfortunately I hate everything in it so it may as well just have his name on it! :-(

Zero00000

Visit site
My mum won hands down in our house...

She is a caretaker at a school and gets lots of gifts, there is one lady (bless her she trys, But I wish she wouldnt) who is awful at picking gifts... She got mum a small handcream, ok usual gift, and a DOILY! A nice white and gold with a candle on it, doily!!