Worth the wait

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
Our first on board hack ?

My boy was a complete star. Mounted on the yard, walked off the yard behind his Auntie Ruby, immediately met a motorbike. He was more concerned with the sheep ??. Walked on and met a van, more concerned about the drain cover ?. Up the hill a wee bit and we met a people carrier. Couldn’t have cared less.

Turned on to the main bit of road and he decided he wanted to be leading. So we let him. Marched on having a good nosey about him. Few wee moments he needed reassurance and dropped back until Rubys mum was level with him then marched on again. Went to the end of the golf course and then turned and came back. On the way back we met another car and then a truck. He honestly couldn’t have given two figs about anything with wheels ? all the long lining and inhand work on the roads has been worth it ❤️

Few little pauses on the way back for reassurance but other than that he was a complete star ? ? a pat and cuddle and a sweetie and he’s happy to keep going. Anything I think he might find scary you show him a fibre treat and he will stand all day as it goes by. Can wait to see what we get up to once his saddle is professionally fitted at the beginning of April ?

B3BFDD13-51C0-42EE-8F07-A269D55A375F.jpeg40B70CED-FA0A-42A4-B868-5B3516201F47.jpeg5BFE5384-0D6D-4990-A0E5-4FADB9790BC8.jpeg92AD89EF-6D24-43C9-8C1D-6CF09869EFCD.jpeg5D57508F-5BF8-40DC-95E7-9F4093588B58.jpeg01823244-4AE0-4D85-9AF8-A19F56A9714A.jpegFABD0177-D673-4D04-AA78-39E53543D245.jpeg

Last edited:

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
It is so lovely to see him properly out under saddle. I love how he looks to you for reassurance. You have done a grand job with him. :) x

Thank you ❤️

He does seek reassurance but I would rather that than a meltdown and I’m off attitude. Once he feels that you have him he just keeps going ? so glad I bought him as a weanling, it’s all been worth it for this result ❤️

palo1

Visit site
Our first on board hack ?

My boy was a complete star. Mounted on the yard, walked off the yard behind his Auntie Ruby, immediately met a motorbike. He was more concerned with the sheep ??. Walked on and met a van, more concerned about the drain cover ?. Up the hill a wee bit and we met a people carrier. Couldn’t have cared less.

Turned on to the main bit of road and he decided he wanted to be leading. So we let him. Marched on having a good nosey about him. Few wee moments he needed reassurance and dropped back until Rubys mum was level with him then marched on again. Went to the end of the golf course and then turned and came back. On the way back we met another car and then a truck. He honestly couldn’t have given two figs about anything with wheels ? all the long lining and inhand work on the roads has been worth it ❤️

Few little pauses on the way back for reassurance but other than that he was a complete star ? ? a pat and cuddle and a sweetie and he’s happy to keep going. Anything I think he might find scary you show him a fibre treat and he will stand all day as it goes by. Can wait to see what we get up to once his saddle is professionally fitted at the beginning of April ?

View attachment 87911View attachment 87912View attachment 87913View attachment 87914View attachment 87915View attachment 87916View attachment 87917

Super smart horse! :)

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
He's a lovely boy and you've given him a great start. He would be a credit to the 3/4 year olds thread of you fancy joining it.

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
Thank you everyone ?

He’s honestly been a delight from day one. We have had some challenges but nothing that couldn’t be filed under baby pony brain.

If his year younger full sister came up for sale I’d be sorely tempted as it was the last of that pairing of she is anything like him ? don’t think they will as they retained her at birth she was never for sale.

I will have a look for that thread @ycbm ?

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
Thank you everyone ? he’s my pride and joy ❤️

I’m very into barefoot tootsies lol ? not a fanatic but interested enough to choose barefoot over shoes unless it’s not working ? he has good solid feet that are widening nicely. Will be interesting to see how he handles off road ?