Would anyone have such a thing as....

icestationzebra

Visit site
An odd fetlock boot? When I say odd, I mean you only have one of a pair rather than any strange variety :p?

I need something like this to put on my mare in the field - worn the wrong way - i.e protective part to the outside to stop her banging or treading on a lump she has on the outside of her fetlock. It causes no problems whatsoever but she is clumsy and managed to make it sore last week by kicking it :( Thought this might be a better solution than putting on full sports boots all day as I don't want to heat the legs unnecessarily.

Don't particularly want to go out and buy a pair when I don't need two! Has anyone got a poor lonely fetlock boot lying around their tackroom that would like a home?

Or has anyone got any other ideas? Normal brushing boots don't really work as they don't fit low enough and then the bottom of them rubs the offending lump :(

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
I've got old brushing boots in large but not a fetlock boot, sorry.

Have you either got some old woollen blanket or an old numnah you could cut up into a square? If so, make the square about a foot square(!!) sew a tape (could be old tape from a tail bandage) across the centre, stitching only has to be a few inches long as long as tape is long enough to be tied around fetlock so that the top half can be folded over.
You could even use one of those fybagee wraps too.
Needs must are the mother of all inventions, be creative!

Capriole

Visit site
I did have one, I will see if I can find it.

Even *I* can make a yorkshire boot, OP, so seriously, easy peasy ;)