Would it classed as cruelty for this horse to carry this rider?

D

Donkeymad

Me too, pics please before I comment, doesn't sound good though.
crazy.gif

harrihjc

Visit site
I wouldn't think of 16 as being elderly, but its certainly not in its prime, you can do veteran classes, so that says something.

It is difficult to judge peoples weight, muscle weighs a lot more than fat, but to be considered 17 stone this woman must be pretty large!

JessPickle

Visit site
I would be interested to see pictures, Pickle can carry those kind of weights and I can see he can take them easily, but something any smaller would definetly struggle!

JadeWisc

Visit site
Oh my...that horse looks awful
frown.gif

The front and back end do not even look like they belong together. From behind it appears emaciated.
And I am not just saying that having been used to seeing big round QUarter horse bums all day

I would say that is a big NO! on riding hard from me.

Get her a Clydesdale!

gentle_giant

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah piccys please. Can you not just post them on here??
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No because you dont know who is reading and I seriously want to report this.

ColouredFan

Visit site
Having seen the pics the Mare isnt in good condition and her conformation isnt great also she is a leightweight, 3 reasons why she shouldnt be ridden by anyone as heavy as 17 stone, I would say 10-12 should be her Max!

Does she not feel self-concious riding that poor horse?

S_N

Visit site
Would love to comment (esp as an overweight horsey person), but can't without pics. Totally understand why you haven't posted them though. COuld you pm them to me perhaps? Thanks

D

Donkeymad

My god, no, someone of that weight should be nowhere near the poor thing. Yes, I would consider reporting it, definately.

JACQSZOO

Visit site
I dont know quite what I was expecting but I certainly wasnt expecting that. The mare looks bloody dreadful frankly. I would be concerned about her carrying any sort of weight at all.

gentle_giant

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

Does she not feel self-concious riding that poor horse?

[/ QUOTE ]

sadly no, she prides herself on having a 'loopy' horse, poor thing is loopy coz its in pain i reckon

Benjamin

www.freewebs.com
Just seen the pics.
Poor baby.
frown.gif

I now weigh considerably less than this person is claimed to be and I would certainly not entertain the idea of getting on its back.

If this person is as arrogant as you say, then perhaps a call to the ILPH should be on the cards. Can they actually do anything?

gentle_giant

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Oh my...that horse looks awful
frown.gif

The front and back end do not even look like they belong together. From behind it appears emaciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

she reminds me of one of those cars where the front end is different to the back.
frown.gif