Would it classed as cruelty for this horse to carry this rider?

JessPickle

Visit site
OMG she looks appauling

and putting a rider of that weight on is definetly cruel, thats someone of my dads weight!

See this is my dad on pickle! I cant imagine him on a horse in the condition your pictures showed! she needs something like pickle!

DSCN0577.jpg

gentle_giant

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

If this person is as arrogant as you say, then perhaps a call to the ILPH should be on the cards. Can they actually do anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I want to know?

Hence why Im asking if this is cruelty.
frown.gif

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If this person is as arrogant as you say, then perhaps a call to the ILPH should be on the cards. Can they actually do anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I want to know?

Hence why Im asking if this is cruelty.
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The condition of the horse in the pics is cruelty - being asked to carry a rider (irrespective of the riders weight and way of riding) compounds the issue!!! REPORT EM!!!

gentle_giant

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
TBTH!! NO ONE should be riding that horse!!!! ILPH all the way for me!!!! Poor, poor horse!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it really upsets me.

I dont know how to do it though, and remain anonymous.

WelshRareBit

Visit site
There's weight and there's weight. Again it comes down to getting the right type of horse, overweight people have every right to ride -but they do not have the right to cause an animal pain or discomfort. I think this mare would be in pain so definitely report it although out will come the pc brigade and it probably wont even get a call out...

D

Donkeymad

You don't have to give your name and adress when you report I don't think, and you could block your telephone number when you call. I agree, I wouldn't want to see anyone riding the poor thing.

minkymoo

Visit site
I suggest you call the ILPH from a phonebox if you are worried about not remaining anonymous. I understand that this is difficult for you but that poor girl just looks half dead! what does your YO think? is there anyone else who can help you in speaking to this person?

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
I reported someone once. I did give my name, address and telephone number, but it was all kept confidential. ILPH actually rang me the day they were visiting the horse in question as well.

I would definitely report that horse, she looks appalling.

trundle

Visit site
OK, i haven't seen the pics, but surely if you think the mare is is poor enough condition to be reported as a cruelty case WITHOUT the rider, then I think you should call.

Don't YOs have a duty to report welfare cases these days? Please don't tell me this woman is the YO...

gentle_giant

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
OK, i haven't seen the pics, but surely if you think the mare is is poor enough condition to be reported as a cruelty case WITHOUT the rider, then I think you should call.

Don't YOs have a duty to report welfare cases these days? Please don't tell me this woman is the YO...

[/ QUOTE ]

In fairness she has put on a little bit of weight since those pics, they were about 3 months ago, but that doesnt change her conformation.

she Does love her horse in her own way, but it doesnt change the facts or her ignorance.