Would it classed as cruelty for this horse to carry this rider?

gentle_giant

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Thought we might see the rider too.. Horse does look poor but interested as to what she looks like (spose trying to gauge your thought of 17st).

[/ QUOTE ]

5ft 4 and size 20-22.

trundle

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thought we might see the rider too.. Horse does look poor but interested as to what she looks like (spose trying to gauge your thought of 17st).

[/ QUOTE ]

5ft 4 and size 20-22.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm. I am 5 foot and a size 16-18 (would be closer to 16 if it wasn't for the damn jaffa cakes) and I am nowhere NEAR 17 stone, not even 12 stone. Even when i was a good size 18 a few months back, I wasn't over 13 stone. Even being 4 inches taller than me, this woman must be incredibly muscular as well as large.

cazzr

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

5ft 4 and size 20-22.

[/ QUOTE ]

That might not be as heavy as you think. being 6ft 2 and not exactly skinny, I don't think shed be 17st, 14/15st maybe?
I'm not a great judge of weight tho so it would be down to how the horse looks when ridden, if it's struggling then she's too heavy.
Also whereas the horse looks poor, i'm not sure she looks as bad as some of the emaciated cases you see on the RSPCA programs on telly.... How bad does a horse need to be to warrant a callout? I know the laws have changed recently but i'm always surprised how bad some of the animals are where the inspectors are happy enough about welfare.

One thing tho, if she's like that in summer, mid winter would probably make her a definite rspca case, by which time she;ll probably be disguised in a rug!

GinGin2

Visit site
Horse looks in a terrible state - the size of the rider in general is for the other debate going on, but for this horse - I don't think she should be ridden by anyone, let alone anyone with extra weight.

Puppy

Visit site
Could I see the pictures please.
smile.gif