Would love your expert opinion

thorney84

Visit site
New lounge have'nt been too helpfull so i thought i'd post this to you guys.

I'm looking to get a body protector, and would like to know which ones you recommend!
I am getting back into jumping over poles at the mo but would love to do some cross country late summer.
So far i like the look of the champion flexair.
Please help me wise ones!

TalaveraII

Visit site
Airowear Outlyne - it's designed for a ladies shape OR a mans shape, depending on whether you're male or female - they do one for each sex. It's the most flattering, flexible, comfortable, light bodyprotector I've ever had. I've had RP's and find them restrictive and unforgiving, also had a champion one many moons ago and didn't like it.

kerilli

Visit site
the Kan is imho the most protective non-cage bp on the market. i've posted about them before, but basically they're made of 'smart foam' developed for motorbikers, and it hardens on impact, then relaxes again (due to little tiny tunnels full of gas which run through the foam, and the gas goes hard when under pressure). i got ejected at great height by a young horse while on the lunge (no idea how) and hit the ground pretty hard, on my shoulder and back, in my Kan. got up immediately and my tummy felt like jelly because of the hard impact (which was a first), but the next day when i really expected to stiffen up, bruise and be sore all over, i felt absolutely fine, and was very surprised. they're shaped to fit a lady's figure (2 bust designs, flattish and curvy!) and sized in women's sizes. very comfy, i forget i have mine on.

MegaBeast

Visit site
I really like my Racesafe RS2000. Very comfy, and they'll tailor make it to fit you, even though I'm 5'9 tall the adult small was too long in the back to be comfy over a drop fence so they shortened it by 2". However I've not yet trialed it in anger but always forget about it once it's on, doesn't restrict movement at all

And although it's the least important aspect when choosing a BP can have it made in your personal colours!

MegaBeast

Visit site
One thing you should bear in mind when trying them is the air temperature, was chatting to one of the blokes in Colne Saddlery at Gatcombe last year and he was saying they sell a lot more of the airowear outlyne on hot days as they don't really soften up until they warm up. Of course they do this once you've had them on for a while but if you just slip it on and go "urgh, this feels restrictive" then it's not a fair test as once warm the foam moulds to you and becomes more flexible. Whereas because the RS2000 is in many segments it feels flexible from the word go.