Would this be possible. . .

Flint12

Visit site
Hi,

Im wanting my lad to go out and do some hunting this season, however i have a slight problem. I am currently not able to ride and even when i can (6 weeks yepeee!) im not going to be able to take him out myself.

Is it possible to find someone who may take him out for me? Im not sure if this is possible, but just wondered if it is done.

Thanks
:)

rosie fronfelen

Visit site
Hi,

Im wanting my lad to go out and do some hunting this season, however i have a slight problem. I am currently not able to ride and even when i can (6 weeks yepeee!) im not going to be able to take him out myself.

Is it possible to find someone who may take him out for me? Im not sure if this is possible, but just wondered if it is done.

Thanks
:)

whereabouts are you?

Sparkles

Visit site
Yep, but not for free sadly. If you're willing to pay the ticket [possibly even for their time too] or already have a subscription for the season, just ring up the secretary and say who will be replacing you for a few weeks with your horse. You can no doubt find someone who'd want to go...but bear in mind if you find a free person who hasn't been hunting before, the negatives that could come from it [horse getting kicked, bad manners, etc].

Good luck :) Pop an advert up or ring your RC or hunt and see.

Last edited:

Flint12

Visit site
Im pretty sure he would go out with the Southdown and Eridge hunt. And im not currently the best person to comment on his fitness, seeing as i havent been riding him for a while now, from my point of view he is in the best physical condition he has been in for a while, but hunting fitness i dont know i would have to ask the lady riding him.

Am not worried about paying as i really want him out a couple of times, but i would prefer him to go out with someone who knows what they are doing.

Thanks for all you ideas :)

cmarychapman

Visit site
Yep, but not for free sadly. If you're willing to pay the ticket [possibly even for their time too] or already have a subscription for the season, just ring up the secretary and say who will be replacing you for a few weeks with your horse. You can no doubt find someone who'd want to go...but bear in mind if you find a free person who hasn't been hunting before, the negatives that could come from it [horse getting kicked, bad manners, etc].

For what its worth I've always paid my own cap when I've ridden other peoples horses. Considering a hireling is £150 per day I don't think a £70 cap is too much to ask, its hardly a chore is it and if your transporting him you have petrol costs etc anyway. If he's never been hunting before and you think he might be a bit of a loon probably better to get someone to go Autumn hunting with him or maybe wait until the tail end of the season and ask the secretary to try and find him a "nanny" to keep an eye on both horse and rider, though I presume you'll be foot following? Hunting is risky and accidents do happen. You'll have to be really sure you definately want him to go. I am moving back to London at the end of the year and will be horseless again. You might well find someone more local but Pm me, maybe worth a chat?

Flint12

Visit site
I have thought about it alot, he has missed out on doing alot this summer due to me being unable to ride, and seeing as this is probably the last season i will have him, i really do want him to go out. I think it would suit him down to the ground, he has never been out but i dont think he would be a loon as such. I would be foot following. I will send you a PM.