Would you breed from a mare

FionaM12

Visit site
She clearly has issues as she freely admits to being depressed in the past. DD you need to step back and reflect. I think you need professional help I am not the only one saying this. You attacked me and the op for no reason that is not normal.

I think that's quite passive-aggressive Armas. You wrap it up to look like concern but it's really caustic.

"freely admits to being depressed"? :eek: "Not normal" :eek:

Unkind, Armas. :(

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
FWIW I actually suspected this thread was aimed at DD too. I'd seen previous interaction between the OP/Armas/DD and a suspicion crossed my mind....

I accept the Op's assertion that it wasn't aimed at her, but I can see where DD was coming from. Her reaction was hasty and excessive maybe, and an apology is in order. But please don't everyone pile in and start making it worse for a young woman who's clearly feeling fragile lately.

So now people can't come on here and ask a health question about breeding without trawling through all previous KS related posts?! I'm sorry, that's ridiculous. No offence to you, FM12, but this is grossly unfair.

I am not going to wonder if one of my posts offend. If someone had a healthy horse PTS and my thread about this caused them distress, I would still post it because a) I don't know who has had this happen and b) it's a forum, people can ask what they like.

As already mentioned, HHO is not the place to post about issues and expect everyone to be supportive and just because you have issues does not mean others on here will tolerate rudeness. Everyone has their own problems, being rude and then apologising because you're depressed just does not wash. If that were the case, I'm sure most of us could be really offensive then just dismiss it next time.

Not every thread about breeding, KS etc is about DD. She already said her horse does not have KS. I have no reason to disbelieve her so why has she even posted on this thread? No need to defend if that's not a problem with her mare.

Spring Feather

Visit site
And back on topic ... no I personally wouldn't breed from a horse with any back or pelvic issues. I'm quite strict about my mares that I breed from and all of them have to be rideable and totally sound in all aspects. What other people do is up to them.

zigzag

Visit site
Previous interaction? All I have said to DD is a reply to what she said in the Bogoff thread, and a reply in the clubhouse regarding the bogoff thread. I have never read her posts on her mare and KS let alone post on them.

I merely asked this question as a mare I know is due to foal and has KS and I can she she is stiff and uncomfortable and she has 2 months to go. Do not have much experience of KS , only knew one horse with it and that was 20 years ago and in those days you waited for the spine to fuse and then you could possibly ride it again.
Also if you look back at my posts I don't think I have ever replied to any of his posts and know nothing of the history between them til today

FionaM12

Visit site
So now people can't come on here and ask a health question about breeding without trawling through all previous KS related posts?! I'm sorry, that's ridiculous. No offence to you, FM12, but this is grossly unfair.

I am not going to wonder if one of my posts offend. If someone had a healthy horse PTS and my thread about this caused them distress, I would still post it because a) I don't know who has had this happen and b) it's a forum, people can ask what they like.

As already mentioned, HHO is not the place to post about issues and expect everyone to be supportive and just because you have issues does not mean others on here will tolerate rudeness. Everyone has their own problems, being rude and then apologising because you're depressed just does not wash. If that were the case, I'm sure most of us could be really offensive then just dismiss it next time.

Not every thread about breeding, KS etc is about DD. She already said her horse does not have KS. I have no reason to disbelieve her so why has she even posted on this thread? No need to defend if that's not a problem with her mare.

No, I'm not suggesting anyone trawls through posts at all nor did I say that. I'm simply saying I can understand a little how DD wrongly jumped to that conclusion, as I did wonder myself. DD grossly overreacted, which she has admitted.

The op did nothing wrong, and I'm not in any way implying she did. My post was aimed at people coming in saying DD is completely paranoid, and I just wanted to say hang on I can understand her mistake a little.

Not justifying rudeness or being ridiculous or grossly unfair to anyone. :)

Armas

Visit site
What a coincidence. I'm in the air too, on way back to Blighty.
having read the thread (and sticking my oar ion), I'd have thougt it only right that any apologies should be made in the same place as the original cooments, public

Right back in Blighty to where were you travelling from ?

Armas you act so innocent on here yet openly admit to trolling..
I thin you comments are very veiled, surely if you were 'truely' concerned...you wouldnt be responding?

Sorry when have I admitted to Trolling ?

I think that's quite passive-aggressive Armas. You wrap it up to look like concern but it's really caustic.

"freely admits to being depressed"? :eek: "Not normal" :eek:

Unkind, Armas. :(

The reference to depression was taken from another threadhttp://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=605086&page=8
Delicious_D
Re: button pushers
I had a break due to mental health issues. The stress of my personal life is bringing a few demons back

Not my words DD's words...
Unkind if untrue. Also unkind to attack me for no reason do you not think that is unkind ?

For the second time i have apologised to Armas - he has recived it, but is ignoring and will no doubt deny all knowledge of recieving it. I have given plenty of olive branches...all ignored. Very passive agressive comments.

Maesfen - i agree and i apologise for reacting, but the co-insidence is all to great.

I received your apology and it is noted. However for future reference it becomes very frustrating when one is attacked and then an apology is sent after. Think before posting comments that may cause offence.

As for the original poster I do not know her from Adam and don't think I have even commented on one of her posts !

Try not to look for conspiracies where they do not exist !

OP sorry that this has marred your thread.

Alec Swan

Visit site
The original post was "Would you breed.......", and just look what it's turned into, a post with sod all, from what I can see of it, about breeding horses! :D Excellent.

Alec.

micramadam

Visit site
And back on topic ... no I personally wouldn't breed from a horse with any back or pelvic issues. I'm quite strict about my mares that I breed from and all of them have to be rideable and totally sound in all aspects. What other people do is up to them.

Too true Spring Feather. I don't know any of the posters on here and have not read (and don't want to read) the mud slinging posts but I too would not breed from a mare with any spinal problems. Asking for trouble IMHO. Not aimed at any one on this forum or that I know either, purely MY opinion.