Would you buy a horse with sarcoids?

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
And of course EF, if your friend is local to you and the horse is also within a reasonable distance - you know who to get to vet it (A B).

blood_magik

Visit site
I'm reluctant to write this as it sounds a bit narcy, but it is to help the current poster and future readers, so apologies if it upsets you.

Failure to resolve them on the first treatment is very common. Popping out more if the immune system is at all compromised, including by stress causing by simple things like leaving home, is very common, especially in a horse who already has multiples. My best vet says multiples are a different kettle of fish to singles.

I think the reasoning is that one is most likely one infected fly bite which had been contained, whereas multiples in different areas suggest that the virus is spread around the horse and may pop out anywhere.

That’s interesting - I will ask my vet about that the next time I see him.
Hopefully they won’t need another go 🤞🏻

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
EF, my friend has a lovely (most of the time) 16hh 7 yr old, picked him up 18 months ago.
He was advertised at 12k, was consistently DC aff sj at 1m on his last 4 outings with seller as a 5yr old and previously going well at 90s.
She paid 4k. He had/has 3 sarcoids by his sheath and one just behind girth. They havent been dealt with yet, shes monitoring them for changes.

Personally? I wouldn't buy tho.

Melody Grey

Visit site
I have bought and will continue to buy horses with sarcoids, but only at pocket money prices. That said, nowadays I'm only looking at all rounders and happy hackers which command much lower prices anyway.