Would you buy a horse with sweet itch?

minmax

Visit site
Having read this post, I am amazed that some people think its too much like hard work to care for an animal with an allergy to midges.
My homebred developed this, much to my dismay. He wears a sweetitch hoody and a fly mask, when I can keep them on and has brewers yeast.
I wouldn't swop or sell this animal, he is mine, nore would I pts unless his life was not worth living. We have standing water near our yard and a muck heap near the stable, nothing I can do about it. I am not moving him though, as he is very happy at the yard.
I even last year had him and my other one out at night, he was fine. Its all in the management.
Please don't slate these horses, its not nice to read!

fidleyspromise

Visit site
It would depend on where I was. If I was on a yard with better weather conditions, then yes I would happily have one.
Where I am just now wouldn't be fair to one, because we have standing water and the midges are awful, even with the horses that don't have SI.
I'd considered one a couple of years back but couldn't afford two ponies. I've never seen any with it as bad as her. - Fly rug, fly mask, fly spray/lotions and she still rubbed her face raw to point of bleeding.