Would you buy this ? Rug hanging innovation

maybedaisy

Visit site
After trying traditional rug hangers and being fed up with the amount of space they take up and how awkward it is to hang rugs on them I came up with this. I know you are supposed to hang rugs length ways on the traditional hangers but this is even harder to do and makes them impractical for daily use.

My system is one rug per hanger and you just lift the hanger off the rail. The rugs have to be folded length ways but this means they take up a lot less space. I thought they would also be good on trade stands as a better way of displaying rugs.

Any thoughts, good or bad. I know the end would need a ball or something on it to stop it being a hazard.

Ranga2.jpg

Ranga6.jpg

Ranga1.jpg

Ranga3.jpg

Ranga5.jpg

Traditional rug hanger, lots of rugs on each rail and difficult to get them on and off.

Ranga7.jpg

sychnant

Visit site
Personally, no, as I use these:

http://www.derbyhouse.co.uk/Equestr...ies/Hooks+and+Racks/Handy+Hanger_168-0013.htm

for rugs that are in use, then have them cleaned at the end of the season and put away in a big wooden chest until next needed. I can hang them up damp and as they are not folded they dry well - (although I also have a rug dryer for soaking wet rugs)

Although I might try it if it was a good price :)

maybedaisy

Visit site
Tks, I sent it to Stubbs but they said that another company made something almost identical about 10-15 years ago but it didn't sell well.

I have a different invention for wet rugs but thats another story involving poles, hooks and old broom handles.

Last edited:

LynH

Visit site
I love it esp as you can use it with saddlecloths too. I'd like different length rails so I could have a short one for drying saddlecloths and a longer one for storing rugs.
I would definitely buy one.

Ollie's Mum

Visit site
My need would be for something (of a manageable size as I'm not that tall)that I could put a wet rug on rather than a rack to store rugs generally. I put my rugs in those plastic bags that you seal by sucking the air out with a vacuum (from Poundland!) when the rugs are dry and store them in a chest.

quirky

Visit site
I'm not keen. It looks like the rug could fall off quite easily if the hanger is knocked.
That said, I don't have a proven with the full length ones. I have a set of dedicated steps next to them and don't have problems hanging or removing rugs.

s4sugar

Visit site
You may have better luck with the traditional hanger/rack if it were used correctly.
I use a rope through a pipe & two pulleys like the old fashioned hanging airers.

maybedaisy

Visit site
I've been using them for a year and none have ever fallen off. I store the rugs I am not currently using in a big plastic bin. This it's for the rugs I use on a daily basis so they need to be easily accessible.

maybedaisy

Visit site
The problem with using the traditional hanger correctly is that you need to stand on something to hang them and unless you only put one rug on each hanger it is impractical to use them for rugs in daily use. If you hang one rug per hanger it's a lot of space used for 5 rugs.

monikirk

Visit site
I've used the traditional rug hanger differently to you. I buckle up the front and and slide them on so that they hang down from the top rail.

Also use a drain pipe in my stable - though at new yard a tradition huge drying rack which is sectioned off for each horse with a heater underneath :)

Louby

Visit site
I think its a good idea but may be safer to turn up the end or rubber bung it so its not a rod sticking straight out, thinking eyes poked out eeek. This could stop rugs falling off too if that concerned anyone.
They would be perfect for me as at the moment Im storing mine on a string of bailing twine :eek:

Suechoccy

Visit site
I use ordinary metal coat hooks screwed onto a length of wood that is screwed onto the wall. The rugs are then hung up by their top chest strap.