Would you move?

LHIS

Visit site
Considering a move to get better hacking - looking at a few options and one of the better options has had a case of grass sickness last year.
Don’t know a right lot about it so have done some reading and it seems to be very mysterious, definitive cause unknown. Several theories but nothing concrete so I think difficult to say whether environmental factors are the sole cause.
So my question is, would you rule it out on this basis?

Kaylum

Visit site
One on our yard died of grass sickness. There was no panic to move everything and years later no other horses got it. Although not enough is known about it.

holeymoley

Visit site
No I wouldn’t, as the other poster has said there’s not enough known yet about how it comes about. I’ve been on a yard before where a horse died of suspected grass sickness and mine previously grazed the same field and was fine. Also a well known stud near me was one of the first cases to have grass sickness years ago and they’ve never had a case since.

Dancing_Diva

Visit site
No I wouldn’t!

Few years back I was on a yard which a youngster died from grass sickness. Two years later same land no one else was effected!

My previous yard I lost one to grass sickness there, also had another pony get it on same land but survive! My other six never effected. I wouldn’t let it stop me moving to a yard that’s had a case despite having gone through grass sickness twice in the past as there’s not enough known about it.