Would you pay 2,220 for a Shetland to show?

luckilotti

hillhousestables.co.uk
i'd love to know what the breeding of the shetland was?
i know i paid over the standard price for my shetie back in 93 - and compared to the others, he was green and unhandled off the fells! but hes registered and got quite good blood - and fab looks of course
smile.gif

juliebrewer

Visit site
Yes I would if I had the dosh and it was just what I wanted, eg win everywhere. bourght this little fella for £600 rising 4years and he is soooo lazy and slow. just what 'I' want for my little tot to learn to ride on....
24-14.jpg

jb4

Visit site
The said shetland got 3rd in young stock first time out at breed show ,Is Kerswell breeding (the best) And we took min reserve champ with its mate ! So thanks we are doing well,Foals should be worth between 2 and 3 thounsand so i think its an investment.Point taken each to their own.

jb4

Visit site
Thank-you for your posting ,yes she is very well bred and got 3rd in youngstock first time out at breed show and my other was reserve mini champ this week-end ! Thank you for your support.

jb4

Visit site
The said shetland is doing very very well in the show ring,Her foals will be worth between 2 and 3 thousands because of her blood line so as i said before i see it as an investment,we all see different things in our horses,I took minni reserve champ this week-end with my other shetland so its all good .

jb4

Visit site
So have these shetlands done anything in the show ring ?Mine got reserve champion last week-end ,Its foals will now be worth alot of money ! Investment ??? I didnt make my money by not being sharp thats how i could afford to pay 2k for a shetland !

Tia

Visit site
Why do you keep resurrecting this ancient post??

I mean really, £2,000 is piddly peanuts to most horse owners. Fantastic that you are pleased but honestly......
crazy.gif