would you pay this?

hihosilver

Visit site
Further to previous thread my friend is seeing stunning pre rising 7 with Olympic bloodline and win first prelim with 72%. Asking price is £6500. I have no idea if they fetch this kind of money? any ideas? thanks!

Mari

Visit site
Think they're slow to mature. I'd jump at it. Hopefully it hasn't been pushed too far too soon. Likely to be working at least at Novice at home & probably a lot more to come. Go for it.

kc100

Visit site
Echo what Mari just said - PRE's tend to be developed slower/slower to mature, especially if the current owner is using a more classical approach to dressage.

Price I think is easily justifiable for good breeding and a correct horse that has potential - yes would be better if it was out at Novice/Elem at 7 getting 70%+ scores but then I've seen horses out at Elem scoring 65%+ going for over £10k (some as much as £15k) so it doesnt sound like a silly price.

Providing your friend is happy with the work it is producing at home (i.e. is working above prelim at home - ideally getting medium strides established, collection is easier for PRE's so the mediums need to be coming on fairly well to justify the purchase, and ideally simple changes not too far off) then I'd say the price is fair and definitely worth it if your friend likes the horse.

Goldenstar

Visit site
If it's a lovely type , I think the price reflects it's not been out much I would expect it to be double ( perhaps more )if it had been out at elementary .
You know it's impossible to say just like any breed of horse it might be worth £600 £6000or £60,000 depends on its conformation character and physical talent .

SO1

Visit site
You are not providing enough information really for people to make an informed decision on the value.

If depends where the Prelim was and if that has been a one off or if it has been out again and done well.

7 is a very desirable age and also if the horse is easy to handle, and hacks out and will jump too then it seems a fair price.