Would you post under your real name?

JFTDWS

Visit site
Oh dear, have I shattered illusions? Or maybe you're now thinking "Ah, that explains a lot!". :D Yup, I'm a guy. I don't know if I would have preferred anonymity had I been female - the stalker possibility isn't something I've ever worried about, but I can see why it might be a concern.

Thing is, I always thought your first name was Fiona :eek: Not sure why...

I think I knew a Fiona Burton when I lived in Glasgow... though she was the least horsey person ever, so I'm not sure why my brain made that leap - it wasn't a conscience one.

Well there you go, I wasn't expecting that. :D

hnmisty

Visit site
I have a username as I don't want my name plastered all over the internet. I control my FB privacy.

I have an unusual surname and I used to keep my pony at home in a small hamlet. It wouldn't have taken much detective work to google, find out where I live...

Tbf you could probably find out my name quite easily, my username is also my email address.

4x4

Visit site
Don't use my real name on here or facebook - those who I want to know, know who I am, anonymity keeps strangers and stalkers at bay!

Parachute

Visit site
I wouldn't use my real name because once it's out there, it's out there and if you cock up everybody knows it's you! However if I was close to certain HHO members, i'd let them know my name :)

Charem

Visit site
You've only got to click on the link in my signature to find my real name. Plus having a coloured horse and doing reports does tend to make me a little more recognizable when we're out and about.

I wouldn't ever type something on here that I wouldn't be happy to say in person or have anybody read.