Would you recommend the PE 'Air Cooled Original Eventing Boot'?

tashcat

Visit site
The original pair, rather than the new 'super Lite Carbon Tech' model.

They're currently on sale at half price (linked below if that helps anyone!) but not sure if I'm being silly and should just get the newest style.

Horse in question is a very slight 16'1 tb, and I'd prefer a combination of lightest possible boots with good protection. Honestly I don't necessarily want PE - there are quite a few out there I really like (including the Woof Wear xc boots) - the price of these is persuasive! :D

Any advice on sizing (is it true to size/ what size have you got for your horses and how are they built?)

Thanks in advance :)

https://www.premierequine.co.uk/sale-air-cooled-original-eventing-boots-c2x28388574

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I’ve just bought them! I bought for a aprox 15.2 TB. I bought medium and they will do but might be better suited to a larger horse. Is say medium on a 16.1 fronts will be perfect.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I’ve just bought them! I bought for a aprox 15.2 TB. I bought medium and they will do but might be better suited to a larger horse. Is say medium on a 16.1 fronts will be perfect.
Nb- we have Dalmar at work and I kind of expected these to be the same. They are a heavier more substantial boot if that’s any help?!
For me that’s fine but if light airyness is your priority maybe not you?

tashcat

Visit site
Thanks poiuytrewq! I expected them similar to that too.. but to get both for less than a front pair of Dalmars I'm definitely tempted!

be positive

Visit site
I have a couple of sets, the medium fronts have been used on everything from 14.2 ponies up to 16.2's, a 15.2 pointer did his fast work and raced in them, the hinds are not so flexible in fit but the fronts have been well used and abused over the past 7-8 years so definitely a good buy.

tashcat

Visit site
Thank you both - I've committed! Bank account won't thank me for it, but I can't turn a good deal down!!

naza

Visit site
Thanks for this! I'm looking for some XC boots atm & have been looking at the Woof wear & Tri zone ones, but like you, at this price the PE ones are tempting...

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
That would be brilliant if you could! As I had trouble with the sizing of their SJ boots. I have a 15.2hh ISH/connie cross

A friend of mine with an ISH but on the chunkier side found that PE boots generally didn't work for her horse at all. His lower leg was shorter and wider. I find the PE come up long rather than wide which is why I have had good success with them on TBs. I've used the sports boots, xc boots and racing boots.

monte1

Visit site
I previously had the very old non air cooled version , needed to replace so bought a set of these in the sale recently for my ISH and love them, lightweight and didn't move or slip on his legs during XC training and in and out of water, despite him throwing a few shapes :)

i did got for mediums all round through, as others have said, they do come up on the long side

Denbob

Visit site
I'm terrible at sizings... any advice on buying for a slightly chunkier type? Sports horse but definite cob in there as well, if for a fine tb you've bought medium would you step up to large front and back?

ETA: nevermind, have had a look and will stick to medium as they come up long

Branna

Visit site
I have a pair that have done 6 seasons eventing and still going strong. I have also bought LeMieux Stealth and a NEW set in that time planning on downgrading the PE to hacking boots, but have gone back to them both times.

That said, I have seen many people who say they twist or slip so not for everyone. The Mediums all round have suited my 16.1&16.2 mid weights.

tashcat

Visit site
They've arrived!! (Although not sure PE understand the concept of 'next day delivery', even at £6 a pop!)

They're really smart so thanks all for your advice/ encouragement!

That would be brilliant if you could! As I had trouble with the sizing of their SJ boots. I have a 15.2hh ISH/connie cross

Naza my boy is a 16.1 TB with long fine limbs, and they fit him really nicely - if anything a little bit big circumference wise, but overall a good fit. He's got long limbs but I wouldn't want the backs any longer! My friend has an Irish mix - an ID/ connie type that is around 15'1 and he fits medium nicely in the fronts (bit wider legs than my boy so fit well there) but the hind mediums were too long (although fine in terms of circumference) so we think a small would fit better for him on hinds.

Not sure if that helps or makes it more confusing! Essentially I'd watch out for length! Otherwise really pleased with them :)

ihatework

Visit site
You find some people swear by them but I’m afraid in my experience they just don’t live up to expectations. One or some of the following generally apply - substandard fit, twist, slip, rub, look ropey quickly

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
@tashcat I have had 3 separate issues with paying for next day delivery now, I've emailed them every time to complain and they just refund the difference between standard and next day :confused: not good enough!

Hope you get on with the boots now, I know friends who use them and rave about them!

AFB

Visit site
I've just bought a pair and I think the sizing is well out - I compared these to their tendon/fetlock boots and the measurements were absurdly different so be careful on what you order. I have small on a 14.3hh Section D, in comparison to their Medium tendon/fetlock boots and Full (hind) NEW Equine brushing boots.

However in comparison to the LM Stealth XC boots which I was eyeing up for a while the quality is 500% better. I was gobsmacked at how shoddy the LM ones were when I excitedly ran over to them on a trade stand.

(To add - I bought a few items and the sizes were all hideously out, when I mentioned this in my reviews they were all rejected, turns out PE don't like criticism!)