Would you sell?

navaho

Visit site
Or for that matter even let them come & look? Ive a yearling section D advertised at the moment & ive been contacted by a girl who has arranged to come & view him either tomorrow or Tuesday, which i was really pleased about. However ive just been looking through her FB pics & she got a filly which she has already broken & is riding out on at 2! No way in a million years do i want him going to someone who would break him in at that age. I know different people do things there own way but it goes against everything ive ever said & i feel i would be a hypocrite to let her have him. What do i do, do i be honest with her & tell her she cant come & see him & why, or do i just be grateful for a sale & say nothing :(

BSJAlove

Visit site
Or for that matter even let them come & look? Ive a yearling section D advertised at the moment & ive been contacted by a girl who has arranged to come & view him either tomorrow or Tuesday, which i was really pleased about. However ive just been looking through her FB pics & she got a filly which she has already broken & is riding out on at 2! No way in a million years do i want him going to someone who would break him in at that age. I know different people do things there own way but it goes against everything ive ever said & i feel i would be a hypocrite to let her have him. What do i do, do i be honest with her & tell her she cant come & see him & why, or do i just be grateful for a sale & say nothing :(

you have to understand that once you have sold him, its none of your buisness how he is backed/when. its really horrible and i know how your feeling. but you could sell him to the nicest person you can find but it might not work out. i personally wouldnt sell to her, and continue to advertise otherwise you will always worry.

missyme10

Visit site
I would ask her about her filly, is it possible she's a late foal and is 2 rising 3 and is just going out on short gentle strolls to be turned away for the winter?
If this then I'd not be overly worried.

If just turned 2 then yes I'd be keeping my

missyme10

Visit site
Bloody phones, never finished!

As I was saying, if just turned 2 then I wouldn't sell to her so little point in letting her see him.

The market is dire, so hard to find a buyer, but only you know if you can afford to keep and wait for someone else to come along x

navaho

Visit site
Missyme, No shes not a late foal, shes got a pic on of her Aug '10 as 14months old, so that would make her a June foal & she certainly doesnt look to be going on gentle strolls with her, shes got her lunging over massive jumps as a yearling as well & that alone set alarm bells off.

BSJALove i know what you mean, but thats why i would like to do my best to find him a nice home, if i know shes already riding a 2yr old i guess i know its not the home i want.

Hoping i may have put her off now as just had a message asking if ill take silly money for him & said no....fingers & toes crossed, if not ill have to bite the bullet & tell her no.

miss_bird

Visit site
First and foremost ask her about the filly before you start to worry it could be a late foal as said above, if you dont get the response you like tand can afford to keep him they find and excuse not to sell to her

navaho

Visit site
First and foremost ask her about the filly before you start to worry it could be a late foal as said above, if you dont get the response you like tand can afford to keep him they find and excuse not to sell to her

As i said shes not a late foal,shes got pics of her at 14month in August '10.

miss_bird

Visit site
Ok sorry did not see you had writtenthat, i still think ask her about it, cant see a good reason behind it, but for some extrodinary reason there maybe.
Have to say one of my youngsters was getting very big and bolshy even though i had done tonnes of work with her but boredom had set in, so i started breaking her in at 2 1/2 and the change virtually over night was amazing, and i have never regretted it, started breaking her in the Feb and she was 3 in the august finished breaking in beginning of may and she had all summer and autumn off, i was lucky in the fact that she turned out to be the most well rounded horse, but it was a risk breaking her in at that age but for me it paid off.
Also i do disagree with it but tb's are broken in as yearlings for racing at 2yrs and most of them turn out fine
so it maybe something like that she has just done the basc backing and is now turning away to grow up

cassie summers

Visit site
you have to understand that once you have sold him, its none of your buisness how he is backed/when. its really horrible and i know how your feeling. but you could sell him to the nicest person you can find but it might not work out. i personally wouldnt sell to her, and continue to advertise otherwise you will always worry.

i totally agree with BSJALOVE once they have gone there is nothing you can do but if she has already backed a 2 year old i wouldnt let her come and see

navaho

Visit site
Ive done some digging & the feed back ive had about her isnt good, breaking in at 2 or not asides. Amazing who knows who on FB :) Back to the drawing board as they say, thanks for all the advice.

Dancing Queen

Visit site
TBH - NO.

A responsible and caring horse owner wants to ensure that the horse being sold is going to a good home where they will be treated properly. If you have any doubt then the answer has to be NO.

The market is always slow this time of year, keep over the winter, out at grass, abit of hay and look to resell in spring when the market picks back up again. xx

missieh

Visit site
Horses should not be backed at that age. Period. No wonder so many horses have so many problems these days. I would not sell to someone so ignorant of the long-term welfare of your horse. The right -knowledgeable- person will come along eventually

rascal

Visit site
I wouldnt sell to her. Agree with missieh horses shouldnt be backed at that age, ever. My 3 year old cob will not be backed until he is 4 maybe 5 if he still looks as immature as he does now, everyone thinks hes 2.

navaho

Visit site
TBH - NO.

A responsible and caring horse owner wants to ensure that the horse being sold is going to a good home where they will be treated properly. If you have any doubt then the answer has to be NO.

The market is always slow this time of year, keep over the winter, out at grass, abit of hay and look to resell in spring when the market picks back up again. xx

Which is why ive told her no, it really didnt sit well with me, i know everyone does things differently & i accept that, but i cant send him to a home that i know wont look after him & treat him how i would like. Hes a lovely boy & deserves a lovely home :)

Dancing Queen

Visit site
Which is why ive told her no, it really didnt sit well with me, i know everyone does things differently & i accept that, but i cant send him to a home that i know wont look after him & treat him how i would like. Hes a lovely boy & deserves a lovely home :)

Good, Its nice when people stick to their convictions. The right person will come along and it will feel right xx

melxvengeance

www.facebook.com
TBH - NO.

Completely and utterly agree with this.

Glad to hear you've said no, that's being a very responsible owner. Out of nosiness, did you say exactly why she wasn't suitable for him? Did she respond?

navaho

Visit site
Completely and utterly agree with this.

Glad to hear you've said no, that's being a very responsible owner. Out of nosiness, did you say exactly why she wasn't suitable for him? Did she respond?

Yes, i said to her i wouldnt be happy to sell him to someone who would break him at 2 or lunge him over massive jumps at such a young age either. Strangely enough she never replied.