Would you

Dancing_Diva

Visit site
Travel over four hours drive to go view an 8 month old foal which is nothing special and just your typical cob type?

I've got an 8 month old cob type foal for sale, only likely to make about 12.3 / 13 hands max. Someone's contacted me asking about her, asked if I'd deliver which when learning how far away they are have said no. They've said OK they'll see if they can get transport.

Surely for a pony that's for sale for £200 that's nothing special why would you travel so far and pay for transport? Or am I not seeing something here?

If I was looking for a top class horse etc then I'd travel that sort of distance for the right one, but a bog standard cob that you'd be able to pick up locally I wouldn't travel far at all.

Yes I'd like to sell her and the home might be fantastic I just think they'd be mad!

Please tell me I'm not alone on this one.

Splashy pony

Visit site
Sorry, not with you on this. Horses cost so much time and money down the line that a few extra driving hours to get it right from the start seem justified. I can't understand people who won't look out of their county.

Kezzabell2

Visit site
I did an 8 hour round trip to collect my 18 month old, who cost me £700! because I wanted that breed and he was the closest one to me! there was another one in Newcastle, which would take all day to get there, so I didn't bother going that far!

Sugar_and_Spice

Visit site
It's probably a child who doesn't even have permission to buy a horse. These dreamers try to organize it all then present it to parents as "look its this easy and won't even cost much". I get it all the time selling unwanted tack which these dreamers want to buy for the horse they haven't got yet.

Orca

Visit site
I don't know about anyone else but I find that a funny thing happens when I go horse shopping - as soon as I start looking, the type/ age/ height I want isn't available in my county! Or the next one. Sometimes even the next one too. I mean, the week before I start looking, there will be loads locally and the week after I've found mine, they'll reappear but during that buying period, it seems almost guaranteed that there'll be none nearby. It even happened when I wanted to buy my cob ��. There were plenty of weedy little things around but it took months to find a proper HW - and even then, I had to buy unbroken.

Squeak

Visit site
Difficult one, maybe they are genuinely struggling to find something similar to her but I can definitely understand your concerns. Maybe have a look at what's for sale around them and see if there's others similar and grill them as much as possible on the phone. If they're happy to drive all that way though then no harm in meeting them and seeing what you think of them in person.