wow saddles

Janette

Visit site
Horse loves it, I love it. Best saddle I ever had.

But they are like marmite. People either love them or hate them. Some just don't get on with them.

mistersheen

New User
Visit site
Thanks ,that love hate thing seems quite common ,think I will give it a go as I have been offered one at a reasonable price.
Can anyone recomend a wow saddle fitter in Northumberland / borders area ?

Kallibear

Visit site
It's only a good price if it's the right type! There are so many permutations avalible that you MUST know what type your horse needs.

You need to know the panel type (deep gusset, shallow gusset, extra deep gusset), the panel spacing (tabbed or untabbed, standard, wide or extra wide gullet), the length (size 1,2 or 3). And if you need a stitch line or not. And then there's the seat - flat y-bar tree or curved y-bar tree? Length? And what seat type do you want - flat, shallow, deep? Then there's then flap types- dressage? GP? Jumping? The only 'easy' and cheap part to change is the gullet!

albertsarmy

New User
Visit site
It's only a good price if it's the right type! There are so many permutations avalible that you MUST know what type your horse needs.

You need to know the panel type (deep gusset, shallow gusset, extra deep gusset), the panel spacing (tabbed or untabbed, standard, wide or extra wide gullet), the length (size 1,2 or 3). And if you need a stitch line or not. And then there's the seat - flat y-bar tree or curved y-bar tree? Length? And what seat type do you want - flat, shallow, deep? Then there's then flap types- dressage? GP? Jumping? The only 'easy' and cheap part to change is the gullet!

Totally agree, if one bit is wrong your nice cheap saddle suddenly got a whole lot more expensive. I found it was easier to call out a fitter and buy a new one knowing that i was getting exactly what i needed. More expensive initially but a whole lot less hassle in the long run!

flyingfeet

Visit site
Ditto the above - when they are fitted well, they work really well and are great saddles (I've had lots!)

However even I had to shell out lately as had a horse change from flat Y bar to curved in a year (muscle damage lead to dippy back), and even with swapping a seat it cost me £200 to change the seat for another 2nd hand one and I wasn't fussy on style and colour!

On saying that they are infinitely adjustable and even if you do end up with a collection of spares, you should be able to fit it to any horse!

Tempi

Visit site
You need to make sure you get a decent fitter aswell - there are som appauling Wow fitters out there. Phone the head office and ask who they recommend in your area.

Agree with what others have said in that there are loads of options, you need to try lots of different ones and decide what suits your horse and your best. Some horses dont like them either.

Leg_end

Visit site
I'd be wary if your have never sat on one. My friend had one and I and two others who rode her horse said that the flap where the stirrup bar is stuck in their thigh, and was very uncomfortable.

Try before you buy for definite.
Not sure how that would be unless its an old one as my thigh goes nowhere near the stirrup bar!

Marquire

Visit site
Thanks ,that love hate thing seems quite common ,think I will give it a go as I have been offered one at a reasonable price.
Can anyone recomend a wow saddle fitter in Northumberland / borders area ?

I have two WOWs for my boy and he has been a different horse since I've had then. They did take a bit of getting used to as initially I felt quite far away from the horse but now a 'regular' saddle feels weird.

As for fitters try Carolyn Johson at Paragon Equine Solutions who are near Alnwick- she used to come and fit my saddle when I was in Aberdeenshire but stopped coming that far about 18 months ago. I'm now in Morpeth so will definitely be using her again to fit the saddles again. Here's the website. http://www.paragonequinesolutions.com/

Marquire

albertsarmy

New User
Visit site
If your unsure of your WOW fitter in the area, phone the office and they will be able to help you find your nearest retailer. Also retailer lists are on the website.