Wow Saddles

Tempi

Visit site
Ooo thank you :) I'm wondering if my normal saddler will do it for me....

I had the saddle on my old comp horse and kept it when he was sold to use on my now 4yr old. I just dont think 4yr old likes the air as he is much happier when I ride him in my flocked Barnsby (which isnt even fitted for him and the Wow is).

Clarew22

Visit site
That is why she changed hers as her horse made it very clear he didn't like the air, but very happy in it now its flocked :)

They are lovely saddles, such a shame they are a bit confusing to buy second hand as think my boy would really benefit from their design, its on my lottery list lol.

Tempi

Visit site
I know, i find them really confusing, and the thing is if I sold it and bought a flocked saddle i'd end up loosing a fair amount of money on it where as if I get it flocked (just be quoted £100 to have flocked including return visit and fitting) then its going to save me a lot of money in the long run.

It cost me nearly £2k new so am loathed to sell it!

VRIN

Visit site
I recently had an albion saddle flocked - it did have air but it so difficult to get it adjusted (a wow saddler had 'a go' but it ended worse than when I started) - so got it flocked and haven't looked back!

cptrayes

Visit site
The WOW panels are fastened with Velcro. Before you pay for it to be done why don't you just undo them and take out the airbags - which will be worth money on their own on eBay (I need a spare, let me know!) - and "flock" it yourself temporarily with the stuffing from a pillow. It won't last, it will flatten badly, but it might give you a clue whether it's the saddle or the air.

You can buy foam panels for WOWs for horses that don't like the air. More than £100 though.

Tempi

Visit site
Thank you for that, really interesting. I dont want to go taking out air bags myself - il get my saddler to do it so once he's done it il let you know and see if you still need a spare bag. I am certain it is definitely the air, my saddler is going to assess it for me before doing anything to it anyway :)

VRIN - it's so difficult to get someone decent to do the air. I've got a lady who is very good but she can only do mornings which is no good for me when I work full time and can't get the time off etc. she's also a long way from me (and is in fact the nearest wow fitter anyway!!).

bluehorse

Visit site
I've got the foam panels for both of my wow saddles. They are extremely soft and my horse seems very comfortable. I'd say that it was a better option than conventional flocking, and just as good as the Flair.