WOW saddles

LittleRooketRider

Visit site
And so the quest for saddles for new horse begins...

I rode someone else's horse in their wow dressage saddle the other day & loved it. So did a bit of research..sounded great- discovered price! Now I'm prepared to pay a bit more for the right saddle, but as I am looking for a dressage & jump saddle for Boozie I need to be realistic & saving money where I can would be great.
I have seen the "guide to fitting a wow" & I have seen 2nd had saddles advertised on eBay at a much lower price....
So I ask you.... Is it actually realistic to buy a second hand wow dressage saddle and self fit using the guide? Any experiences? Or will I end up with a saddle that doesn't really fit & I can't sell on?
I know I know a professional saddle fitter will have much better idea of what they are doing than me, but if I could save some money that would be great!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
There's a thread in CT. If you get a fitter out you can ask them to give you a prescription for buying second hand if thats what you want to do.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
A size one SDWG or DWG panel without tabs will fit most horses. It is completely reasonable to fit your own. You need a pump kit which sell on eBay from time to time for about fifty pounds.

You can put any size one or two seat and flap combination you like on a size one panel.

What are you looking for? I have a brown size 2 dressage and two black size two GP with jump seat for sale for £800 or less. All with size 2 panels, so will only for horse which do not have very short backs.

You'll never be stuck with a WOW you can't sell on, there's an increasingly good after market for second hand WOWs.

Last edited:

Puddleduck

Visit site
Most decent WOW fitters should help you with finding the complete saddle, parts to put one together or give you the list of what you need.
Worth getting one to visit to demo and discuss what you need as they sometimes have second hand stuff themselves or have clients who want to trade.
They know if they help you buy into the brand that they're likely to get business from you over time with adjustments and things like head plate changes.
I started off with a dressage saddle with flair instead of flocking and mentioned to my fitter that I was on the lookout for a second hand WOW dressage saddle. She sold me one of her demo saddles at a good discount.

shellibob

Visit site
As above a decent saddle fitter will help you source the right second hand saddle and parts and fit it for you so really worth getting a fitter, wow saddles are great but really need a good fitter as my first saddle fitter made a terrible job with mine

MagicMelon

Visit site
I got my horse fitted by a WOW fitter, she wrote down all the parts and sizes I needed then I went off and bought them secondhand from various places (Ebay, she knew of some from other clients etc.). It still came to a bit over £1k but cheaper than if Id bought it as a ready-made up one.

hc123

Visit site
I recently bought a WOW saddle off eBay at the advice of my fitter. She found me the saddle, told me to bid and then came and fitted it for me.

LittleRooketRider

Visit site
No idea of sizing or fit as new horse. ..looking for a dressage saddle & jump saddle (hence saving where I can- but not getting a wow jump saddle as I l prefer other saddles)
So for a 16.1 TBxKWPN, medium-light build with a good either.
Would love it if it was brown leather but not essential. I'm quite tiny so to avoid swimming in it a smaller seat would be ideal. Knee blocks for a bit of support good, blocks here there & everywhere to force you into position- not good.
I'm in Dorset, South West - could you point me in the direction of a good fitter/stockist?
Many Thanks