WTF are people on ---- now we have a 2 yo broken welsh a for sale!

cariadssogreat

Visit site

JustKickOn

Visit site
:O that poor poor pony!! hes only young bless him. feel sorry for him, and tbh he doesn't look developed enough to have a rider on his back. feel so sorry for him/ hope he gets a good experience home

Patches

Visit site
I've seen people sit a very small child on a 2 year old and wander it up and down. That's not an issue with me, but that child is quite heavy to be on the back of such a young pony. Doesn't even look two years old to me.

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
In fact the ad says RISING two. I sincerely hope not. It's so cheap I bet some plonkers buy it and ruin it completely
frown.gif
mad.gif

GTs

Visit site
I really do not know what you guys are so up in arms about I have ridden yearlings and you have to be careful, but I think no ill harm was done.

Patches

Visit site
I have passed horses being ridden at the racing yard that were 18 months old. They looked small compared to the others but then they enter races at 2 years old.

I guess that's accepted as the norm, just not used to seeing kids ponies being ridden so young by someone so large in comparison. Well, not in this country anyway.

Not that I want to enter a debate into it of course, not after the last one.

Ooo....I should just point out I've been clipping again!!!!!
grin.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif

cariadssogreat

Visit site
OMG Emily99 - It just gets worse doesnt it! I hate hate hate hate people who do too much too soon with youngsters!! Grrrrr What the hell is the hurry. I fell sooooo strongly about these because I had to have a 4 yo Shot because he had been pushed by his previous owners. This is why I only ever buy foals for myself now. So that they can chill and start work when the time is ready for them. Grrr

Parkranger

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I really do not know what you guys are so up in arms about I have ridden yearlings and you have to be careful, but I think no ill harm was done.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the difference is (not that I particularly like riding horses too young) that a larger horse can probably carry more weight - that pony is carrying alot of weight while he's still so young!

A yearling TB has alot more strength carrying ability due to it's size surely?

x

JadeWisc

Visit site
It is the norm where I live to start a horse under saddle at the age of two. I am feeling guilty for not doing more with our 2 yr old Quarter horse this summer.He will be three in the spring and most horses are alot further along where I live at this age. Our Shetland who is also two was saddle trained this summer by me and my 5 yr old daughter (her riding of course)

Parkranger

Visit site
2 and 18 months are a bit different though - especially as i'm asuming that the pony must have been broken a while ago to be jumping etc...?

PS - I love QH's - do you have pics?

JadeWisc

Visit site
I will agree with Stimpy however,. In this example the pony looks very small for the rider imo. He should not carry her at his age I imagine, but what do I know

he looks pretty delicate to me. My shetland could carry him on his back
grin.gif

JadeWisc

Visit site
yep...lots. Let me get a few together for you and post them. (if I am not being a hijacker in doing so
blush.gif
)

also. You can see my 5 year old Quarter "Chester" looking fuzzy for winter in a video that I posted in soapbox entitled "I have a confession" just dont laugh at my lack of keeping my mouth shut! lol

Patches

Visit site
pmsl GTs

There was an article in the Farmer's Guardian magazine (Before the equestrian section was merged back into main paper and magazine was no more) of someone hunting on his bull.

I forget who it was but what a sight and who on Earth would have thought one day "I'm going to long rein and then break my bull in? Bizarre but the blinking thing had one almighty pop on it!