WTF are people on ---- now we have a 2 yo broken welsh a for sale!

virtual

iamanicecube.myphotoalbum.com
TBs are bred for quick development, they have quality bone and light jockeys and run in straight lines in short bursts. In comparison this pony, as a native will tend to develop more slowly, the girl is large in comparion to a jockey on a racehorse and she is schooling, jumping and riding it round at shows.

http://www.equinestudies.org/knowledge_base/ranger.html this website is interesting, particularly the text below the second picture about when different bones mature.

Parkranger

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
TBs are bred for quick development, they have quality bone and light jockeys and run in straight lines in short bursts. In comparison this pony, as a native will tend to develop more slowly, the girl is large in comparion to a jockey on a racehorse and she is schooling, jumping and riding it round at shows.

http://www.equinestudies.org/knowledge_base/ranger.html this website is interesting, particularly the text below the second picture about when different bones mature.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I was trying to say - but couldn't!
grin.gif

Patches

Visit site
you're kidding? About the man hunting his bull?

Amazing! What a coincidence. I don't buy Horse and Hound magazine as it's not often about subjects that interest me as a leisure rider.

Enfys

Visit site
42d9ec1311a4.jpg

What a beautiful horse he is Jade.
GTs, if you had posted a picture of a hereford cow now that WOULD have been my QH!

I'm not getting into the too young debate again, as I think I may have begun the last one, all I will say is that in my opinion there is a world of difference between STARTING at 2 with a lightweight rider just sitting on for a few minutes, and actually SCHOOLING and WORKING one at the same age. Here they have Championships for ridden 2 year olds.

JadeWisc

Visit site
Thank you Enfys
smile.gif
I love him to pieces. Just wish I had the time and knowledge to further him to his potential. I think he deserves a little more than just being a trial /family horse. But I suppose that is not such a bad life. I vow to put more hours in with him this spring and may even hire a trainer if I am able.

Enfys

Visit site
How big is he? He just has the most lovely head. I think that the most horses don't have ambition and are quite happy just being a family/trail horse. That's all mine ever really are. Our grumpy little 13.2 hates being taken into the paddock and ridden in circles or around barrels whatever, but take him out in the forest in puddles that go on for ever and are up to his belly (like we did yesterday) and he's as happy as a pig in muck! I haven't had so much fun in ages and my daughter isn't having him back!!!!!
laugh.gif

Enfys

Visit site
I think that the most horses don't have ambition ............what? apologies for my dreadful grammar, meant to say that "I think most horses don't have ambitions"

Enfys

Visit site
'I don't think that most horses have ambition'

Sorry, couldn't help it! x

smile.gif
Apart from to fill their faces of course. I had a horse that was bred in the absolute purple as a showing arab (brother was British National Champion) and he HATED showing in any shape or form, and I have a completely over trained paint (6 year old) here that literally sighs with resignation when she sees a saddle coming, she's getting better now that she realises that we just toddle off around the forest for fun and that she doesn't have to stop and start, turn and reverse, do this, do that with no fun in between at all.

Tia

Visit site
It doesn't sound screwed up in the slightest to me.
crazy.gif
It sounds like a really well balanced and spook-proof little pony.

Swearing and ranting on an Internet forum won't change these people's minds - you are obviously incredibly worried about this pony so why don't you buy it and save it?

JadeWisc

Visit site
He is shorter......just over 15 hands. I like short horses
grin.gif

I think it comes from my fixation of always wanting a pony when I was kid and only having my Grandparents quarter horses to show and ride
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

tinker512

Visit site
Eeeek....I wonder what the local show organisers had to say...over here for ridden classes horses and ponies have to be over 4 years of age...even if other places have a restriction of 3 years old its pretty obvious that pony is still very young