Wtf is this

FlyingCircus

Visit site

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Links work for me?

:( I adore Arabs but cannot stand this extreme look, it must have implications for how the eat and breathe?

Bernster

Visit site
Oh, looks deformed. Reminds me of the extreme over breeding of dogs, and I suppose lots of domestic animals. Looks awful.

Crackerz

Visit site
It looks so so awful :(

It would be interesting to see pics of her whole ancestry to see the progression to this awful profile

Last edited:

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
That is just horrible, I don't find it aesthetically pleasing in any way shape or form.
The scary thing is if you read the comments he makes he says those who [assume other Arab breeders] are saying negative things are just jealous because they only have plain 'mailbox' head Arabs. Erm i don't think that's why they are saying negative things, most likely because you're bred a horrid freak of nature.

FlyingCircus

Visit site
That is just horrible, I don't find it aesthetically pleasing in any way shape or form.
The scary thing is if you read the comments he makes he says those who [assume other Arab breeders] are saying negative things are just jealous because they only have plain 'mailbox' head Arabs. Erm i don't think that's why they are saying negative things, most likely because you're bred a horrid freak of nature.

He's so delusional, it would be funny if only he wasn't putting horses health at risk :(

HashRouge

Visit site
Good grief, that is absolutely awful! That looks seriously deformed to me, almost makes my old Arab look like she has a roman nose! They are supposed to have beautiful faces, it makes me so sad to see them like that :(

This is mine

alliwantforchristmas

Visit site
awful, looks deformed. as someone else has said, looks like some people are intent on wrecking some horse breeds they way they have wrecked some dogs. that pedigree is a bit <gulp> close for comfort!

Damnation

Visit site
Good grief, that is absolutely awful! That looks seriously deformed to me, almost makes my old Arab look like she has a roman nose! They are supposed to have beautiful faces, it makes me so sad to see them like that :(

This is mine

Beautiful. I would rather have your horse than that deformity on the first page :)

I don't mind a slight dish in the head, HashRouge, your lovely horse has a *slight* dish, so does my mare and a lot of other horses.

However, the one OP has posted is just.. its like two different faces cut in half and stuck together...

jrp204

Visit site
Going on the pedigree the sire's sire and dam both have the same sire, nothing like a good bit of in breeding or as it may be called line breeding.

abb123

Visit site
This has made me so sad.

She is actually related to my little arab mare, who is a mix of straight egyptian, spanish, and crabbet lines. She doesn't have the extreme profile seen in this filly but then she is 25 years old so isn't of the new extreme type!

It isn't right. It isn't to the arab type, and it should not be encouraged in arabian breeding.

I actually thought it was a photoshop joke at first!

Enfys

Visit site
Extreme 'dry' head, for some reason it is supposed to be attractive.
Another in the long list of designer deformities :(

Pinkvboots

Visit site
It is like a deformity as it can cause teeth and breathing problems when there face is so extreme, I have one Arab that has a very dished head but his head is short and wide like the way they used to be bred, the fashion now seems to be this long thin strange face which I think is horrible,and I love Arabs always have but not keen on what's some people are breeding today, I would put a picture of him but have no idea to but his picture is on my profile page if anyone wants to look.

Shady

Visit site
WTF, that is so horrible and sad, how can anybody support this extreme look in any animal, i have an Arab who is slightly dished , his sire was Amir El Shaklan but his head is pretty , that poor horse just looks deformed, disgusting :(

Enfys

Visit site
I hope to god this doesn't become the norm, like all the poor dogs that suffer so much for our crazy dog fashion trends.

It won't.
A lot of show people don't like it either.
Performance people wouldn't touch a horse with a head like that.

Globally there are people that like to mess about with stuff, just taking North America (for example) have you seen what is called a Shetland here? Or Friesians, when did those long backed, swan necked, lanky legged creatures ever meet the original breed standards? Oh yes, they are mainly still black, although they are desperately trying to breed the reds now. Oh, and Gypsy, Tinker, Vanner, traditionals ...