Wud you be a bit miffed - sorry a bit long

STRIKER

Visit site
PollyP99, i am a livery with 3 of my own but felt sorry for her horse as he didnt deserve it and he was the only horse on the yard when i arrived so was stressed from being on his own, had broken fencing, trashed the fields, now he is part of my little herd and relaxed, but the owner needs to step back and thank her lucky stars there are nice people in this world to help out.

Clare85

Visit site
OP, the owner of this horse has taken advantage of your good nature. You have done a very kind thing for her which she has failed to appreciate. I would also be separating your hay/straw and having nothing further to do with the situation. I would also have nothing to do with teaching this new person what to do with the horse either - that is the owner's responsibility. Just speak to the YO and advise her that you will no longer be caring for the horse and that you believe the owner has arranged for someone else to do it. Just stick to your own horses OP. The sad fact of life is that kind, good hearted people are taken advantage of by lazy, selfish people. Such a shame :(

STRIKER

Visit site
Update - well i met the new helper today, who doesnt own a horse and only helps friends by mucking out their boxes, but knows everything, she asked me when we would gut out the beds, i asked her why should we as they were clean from the bottom up, not even semi deep littered. When i explained i was a bit frustrated about the whole thing, i was advised it was the owners horse and she was here to help the owner because they needed help, so i asked her what she thought i might have been doing for the past 2 months, she looked at me with a blank stare. I asked her if she was going to muck him out during the week she said oh no, i have to be at work by 7.15, i am a manager, really!! So i replied it was a good job i was able to do him during the week then..............

So i thought be nice, so i said if she had time at the weekends then i could trach her how to lunge because my cob is an ace to lunge, the reply i got was that she was here to help the owner and do the horse, so in other words it didnt want to learn. But she was going to ride this horse one day, but she must lunge him first......after he has pissssssed off with her, lol.

Then she started on why was he not turned out 24/7, so i explained the weather was still up and down and as he was in a routine with mine and no longer trashing fields he would do what mine do, which is out everyday and every second day they stay out overnight, weather permitting, this wasnt enough apparently.

I then saw owner later on and told her of the mornings events and mentioned the turnout, where i was told how the horse was normally out 24/7, to which i explained and he trashed the fields when he was out 24/7 on his own. So i told her he could stay out in x field, and so be it, and tomorrow i will walk past this poor horse with mine and he will be so upset because he will be on his own, and i just want to jump up and give the owner a slap because she is not thinking of this horse who doesnt deserve her stupidity.

I am waiting for winter when he comes in an she expects me to muck him and turn him out and bring him in and i shall reply, no way hozay! Thanks for reading

EllenJay

Visit site
Sorry, but I am a bit confused why you are upset. Let the owner get on with it, stop helping out and step away.

Gives you more time to enjoy your own horse.

STRIKER

Visit site
Upset simply because i stepped in to help her out otherwise she would have had to get rid of horse and ifeel like i have been used, and she still does want to use me but when it suits her, so thats why i am upset by the cheek of it.

Also i am in charge of the fields and fencing and this horse had trashed the fields and broken the fencing running through it and it is all now repaired and he is settled and is now going to trash it again so more work for me again

Last edited:

Zero00000

Visit site
I do feel for you OP, but please now just back away and leave her to it, you can keep an eye on the horse as he is still at the same yard, have no more dealings with the owner,

Her loss IMO.

EllenJay

Visit site
Upset simply because i stepped in to help her out otherwise she would have had to get rid of horse and ifeel like i have been used, and she still does want to use me but when it suits her, so thats why i am upset by the cheek of it.

Also i am in charge of the fields and fencing and this horse had trashed the fields and broken the fencing running through it and it is all now repaired and he is settled and is now going to trash it again so more work for me again

Yes - so you helped her out, but now she has found another solution, without impinging on you. She has found someone to take over, free up your time and you are not happy because .................

Visit site
Sorry Im not sure why you have been doing this horse for nothing? You are too kindhearted and are being taken advantage of. Tell the owner you are no longer able to look after her horse when the helper is not there. It is up to the owner to make proper arrangements. If the horse is left to trash the fields surely the YO will have something to say?

Pinkvboots

Visit site

Your too nice I would tell her that the horse stays in his normal field and that she can teach her new dogs body to do the mucking out, and she better get up a bit earlier in the morning and muck her own horse out before work as it is not being done anymore, she works on the same premises as the horse is kept and she cant muck out her own horse I have never heard of anything so stupid what a lazy cow! Your mad if you carry on tell her to stick it.

Pidgeon

Visit site
Can't understand why you are still prepared to muck out in the week after the way the owner has treated you! Politely tell her as of such and such a date you will no longer be doing her horse for her. It should be YO responsibility for the fields and fencing not yours.

STRIKER

Visit site
if it wasnt for me being the kind hearted person and offering to do this horse it would have had to be removed from the premises. i am quite happy for whoever to do this horse, and yes it does free up my time, but i feel a bit stuck in the middle as it was the YO that wanted the horse gone and i made the agreement with the YO and the livery, so i feel from the liveries side i have been let down and it wont go down well with the YO.

the YO doesnt maintain the yard at all, and when i came along and immediately said that i would repair the fencing, the YO said okay and you can be in charge of the fields as well should any other liveries come as she wanted one person in charge of the fields instead of everyone doing their own thing. YO does not live on site. yes YO will be cheesed when she sees the fields are trashed but it will also impact on me that i allowed this to happen.......

ellenjay because the answers are in my posts if you take the time to read them from the beginning if you havent. and it was only 3 days before the first text came that we had a conversation about how happy she was i was doing her horse.....no i shouldnt care or worry but hey ho blood runs through my veins.

anyhow from tomorrow i will be advising her that i will no longer be doing her horse during the week as it will be turned out anyway so she will have time to make alternative arrangements, and i will catch up with YO to clear my name.

Patterdale

Visit site
if it wasnt for me being the kind hearted person and offering to do this horse it would have had to be removed from the premises......... it was the YO that wanted the horse gone and i made the agreement with the YO and the livery.........

the YO doesnt maintain the yard at all, and when i came along and immediately said that i would repair the fencing, the YO said okay and you can be in charge of the fields as well should any other liveries come as she wanted one person in charge of the fields instead of everyone doing their own thing. YO does not live on site. .......

Sorry, but you are being a doormat :)
Remember that people only walk all over you if you let them.

I can't believe that on top of this, you're maintaining the fields and fencing for the YO too.

Please OP, stop letting them take advantage. I feel for you! :)

Voxhorse

Visit site
You have learned a tough lesson OP, you can do kind deeds and just get crap in return. Not sure who the new helper thinks she is speaking to you in that manner, but she is next on the list of being used me thinks! walk away with a smile :)

STRIKER

Visit site
Actually ellenjay you have the same attitude as the owner, are you sure you are not her.......i know i sleep straight at night in bed, and i just wanted to know from others if i was being taken for a ride, which clearly i am, lol, no more though......

Sadly going forward when the time comes when someone is genuinely in need of help folk walk away because of Nobbs they have met in the past

mudmudmud

Visit site
I don't mean to sound rude but it sounds like your sticking your nose in a bit, the owner has pretty much told you to ****** off and so do exactly that. Not your horse, not your problem.
If she wants her horse out 24/7 then that's perfectly acceptable, leave her to get on with her horse and you concentrate on your own.

PollyP99

Visit site
Where's the YOer in all this ?
Surely they should be sorting all this.

Get the impression it is not a yard as such as horse was on its own before o.p turned up with her 3', hardly a large outfit with what one would expect in management terms. The whole thing sounds a bit odd to me, what do you get op in return for 'being in Charge of fencing and fields' is there a reduction in rent for such? A very odd situation where the person who runs farm shop could have their horse chucked off if not for op? How does that make sense, she would, presumably, carry on working there having been ousted, strange.

EllenJay

Visit site
Actually ellenjay you have the same attitude as the owner, are you sure you are not her.......i know i sleep straight at night in bed, and i just wanted to know from others if i was being taken for a ride, which clearly i am, lol, no more though......

How dare you! Just because I don't understand why you are upset.