www.horse-insurance.co.uk

royal

Visit site
Anyone used these guys for horse insurance?

Quote was extremely competitive.

Says they are underwritten by Equine and Livestock Insurance Company.

Foxymumma

Visit site
Anyone used these guys for horse insurance?

Quote was extremely competitive.

Says they are underwritten by Equine and Livestock Insurance Company.

Im pretty sure Equine and livestock are the same as E&L insurance... if i am correct... dont touch them with a bargepole!!!

Foxymumma

Visit site
no worries, good luck with your insurance search! its a bit of a minefield, Ive only ever had 3 companies recommended and thats Petplan, NFU, and KBIS

Kub

Visit site
There's been quite a few bad reviews of them, though some say they are getting better.

I never had to claim from them but they really miffed me off when I came to cancelling.

I emailed them asking to cancel my insurance policy and asking for confirmation by email once this was done. I heard nothing for a week. I then called them to find out what was happening, turns out they had cancelled it on the day I emailed and sent me a letter. I was sooooooo peeved, my boy had been uninsured for a week and I had no idea, had anything happened I would ave been screwed.

The letter turned up 2 WEEKS after I requested to cancel, it was RIDICULOUS!

As soon as I knew he wasn't insured, I applied to KBIS and he was covered again in 30 minutes, but I just thought it was such bad customer service not to email me back as requested.

zoelouisem

Visit site
Its so hard isnt it, ive not been on the forum for long but havnt seen much about them. Although i saw petplan up there on the recommended list and have had 2 friends whove not had payouts from them, one on a horse and one on a dog and the were paying high premiums!!
I think every company you go be insurers, vets ect ect, will have people with problems and people who sing there praises!! Its just trying to make the decsion!!

Luci07

Visit site
E&L - do not touch at all. If you really want to know who normally pays out - ask your vet..(and it will not be E&L...)

lyna

Visit site
believe it or not, i managed to get a pay out from e and l for £1800! vets bill was £2250. Was quite pleased they paid out lol
i sent them every single piece of info i could possibly give them wrote letters and got other people to write letters explaining situation.
When i first phoned up to tell them i will need to claim they said they were going to deny my claim as damaged suspensary ligaments are almost the same as thoroughpins lol had to laugh at that!!!

Anyhow, i have decided that after paying 70 quid a month which will be considerably higher now that i have made a claim i cancelled my policy and set up a isa and going to to take out the same amout every month as i would my insurance and hopefully if i need the money i will have it there.

i heard a lot of bad storys about eandl and think if i claimed again things might not be so easy, and defo read the small print as if you know that your claim will be over £1000 you need to phone up and speak to a insurance advisor, if i hadnt then doubt i would of got my money.

just be very careful!!!

courage_uk

Visit site
I went with E and L and my horse came down with peritonitus, and they didnt payout half as much as i was owed, such as hospital stabling livery £300 for 4 days - and other bits and bobs,--- please please AVOID them with the bigest barge pole u can, get insurance from NFU or somewhere where at least u get what you pay for, luv jos

Tim88

New User
Visit site
Mortality and Theft is the starting point of your insurance. It is the benefit paid following the death or euthanasia of the horse or if the horse is lost or stolen and not found. This benefit will be the market value/agreed value of the insured horse.

You can then choose to add on additional cover such as vet fees, permanent loss of use, personal accident and legal liability to your policy.

khalswitz

Visit site
I was with E&L, and they excluded half of my horse from the outset... he had had a tieback op so nothing respiratory, had had hock injections so BACK LEGS weren't covered. I ended up unable to claim for the back injury that had him PTS as it presented as front leg lameness, and vet had mentioned arthritis in the knees as a possibility to start... therefore they wouldn't pay out at all. And because he was lame, not *requiring* PTS (but field lame for four months so constant pain) they wouldn't pay out for euthanasia either. That was a year's worth of insurance money down the drain...

Am now with PetPlan, have paid a lot more in insurance but at least they don't have a list of exclusions.

BorgRae

Visit site
They've been fab with me!!!

I've just made a claim and they've paid for all of it, no fuss, no probems at all!

They didn't pay for the Vet livery tho... as someone mentioned above, but hey, what's £77 in the grand scheme of things. They have paid for everything eles, including physio bills and will continue to pay for physio bills. They have only excluded what should be excluded, so I can't complain.

It was the first time I've needed to claim, and it was smooth.

Just my experience though x

nix123

Visit site
I must admit i have been with E&L for about 10 yrs now. In that time i have claimed for various things, £3000 in total for one horse. Every time they have rung me back on time, paid out on time, the full amount too without any quibble. I think as long as you keep them updated at all times and talk with them there is no reason for any problems to arise. But that is just my opinion.

Frozen Hoof Boots

Visit site
They paid out no issues for us. When my horse got assesed as grade 3 wobbler and was deteriorating quickly. They paid as loss of use even though I wasn't insured for it and agreed following discussion with vet and I over the phone as had to pts but get agreement prior from them as the horse had fallen on me and was a risk to others who handled him amd my family as he didn't know where his feet were bless him 😢.
I did have to wait a few weeks for settlement for vets fees and Lou.

linperrie

Visit site
Horse insurance underwritten by E&L have been fine with me. Paid out £3100 my max payment for vets fees back in September, although they don't cover livery which was a few hundred quid but I was over my vets fees limit by then so no worries! Today they have told me they are paying out for the acupuncture treatment scarlet has been having as part of the alternative therapies pot of money which is separate to the vets bills. Admittedly I have made sure I've had all paperwork and vets letters / recommendations in hand and I also had to chase them for this 2nd payout, but I pay only £27 a month for my 19 year old so I certainly got my money's worth! She turns 20 this year so I won't be insuring her then anyway so I did ok!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Sorry if im been thick, got some good quotes of there, whats wrong with E&L, has there been problems witht them?:confused:

Below is a link to the Review Web Site & you can read the reviews for E&L..... then decide. They are very competative but the real test is if they pay out claims & their history for this is no good at all.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews57547.html

Patterdale

Visit site
I'm with them and they've paid out a few thousand for me so far with no quibbles.
As long as you read your small print, meet the criteria and do everything on time then they can't possibly not pay out, they're contractually obliged.