WWYD? Moving yards in the snow

clip_clop

Visit site
A friend has to leave her livery yard (ran by her friend - they've had a bit of a dispute) by tomorrow evening, someone is picking the horse up but there is a worry that the lorry won't make it down the country lane as its narrow and hilly, there's no other route to the yard which is at the bottom of a very steep hill so it's very unlikely the lorry will be safe. She was going to lead her horse to her new yard which on a good day is probably nearly a two-three hour walk along the lane then main roads. She is so desperate to go she wants to do it ASAP but the hill is extremely slushy and slippery. What would you do and is there any safe way to move the horse? I don't think there is and have voiced my concerns but friend isn't listening. Thanks

shmoo

Visit site
Hiya, i'm moving too, but delayed it due to the snow. Now I'm going either next weekend or in a fortnight. Wouldn't risk it in the box, depending on make, tyres and driver of course. On foot she should be fine. Wear good wellies, lead on a short rope and off you go.
Good luck to your friend. Its hateful when things go so wrong. I feel for her.:)

clip_clop

Visit site
That would be a possibility, I think she's just panicked about falling out with her friend so hasn't thought all the options through

Dirty_D

Visit site
We moved my friends horse a couple of weeks ago and were also worried about the snow as we had to get over a motorway flyover.

We did it in 4 wheel drive (car and trailer) at a ridiculously slow pace but my friend had gritted practically the whole of the side of the flyover so we could get traction to get up it.

If you are able to grit then it can be done but i would only want to do it if it was an urgent move.