XC colours for a grey...

PolarSkye

Visit site
Well, I was going to say blue - until I looked at your pictures ;).

The great thing about greys/light coloured horses is that most colours suit them, so it really depends on what colours you like . . . do you like bright/bold colours, or are you more of a fan of more conservative hues?

For greys, I really like dark, bold colours - any shade of blue (except baby blue), burgundy, dark green, dark/slate grey . . . if you wanted to be more adventurous you could try a raspberry/dark pink, a bright purple, lemon yellow, lime green, sage green (which I really like but looks washed out on my boy).

As an example of how boring we are, Kal's XC colours are black and white ;).

P

naza

Visit site
I used to have black and white on my dapple! :p

I love yellow but wasn't sure about yellow and a grey? Maybe yellow and purple then :?

Lolo

Visit site
Al has bright pink and navy, but plain navy arms.

10153033_849210621762825_1956517695_n.jpg

Pretty much anything goes on a grey though, go with your favourite colours!

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk
Ditto, I've changed mine to turquoise and they really stand out, I wanted teal but it is a hard colour to find. Depends on the colour grey too, mine is white now and pastel shades look really washed out on him.

naza

Visit site
Have to admit to not being a big fan of red on a grey (as he is a white-grey not dappled) because it reminds me of the white pony from chapper happy ponies (or what it was called) :p

Dunlin

Visit site
When Ginny Holgate/Leng was riding Murphy Himself I thought they looked really smart with Ginny's trademark purple;

gleng.jpg

Continuing with the old school legends, Lucinda Green's yellow always worked nicely on a grey;

58337243.jpg

Personally, when I was riding a dappled grey I wore a white top, had an emerald green BP and an emerald green hat silk which looked really nice. It was dark enough to not make me look like I was stealing Mary King's style :D

Stroppy Mare

Visit site
No pics as horse went lame before I could use it, but I have cerise pink and white (stars) as my colours on my grey. Although I think Cerise will suit my other horse too when the time comes so from that point it's all good, but I do plan to fitten up my grey to do some Xc this summer.